Wednesday 30 December 2020

WOYWW 604

Good morning all, my last post of 2020 is linking up with the best blog hop on the block, courtesy of Julia at The Stamping Ground. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and are enjoying the break before we charge headlong into 2021 and Brexit (for the Brits!)

Crafting has been quite sporadic this week - a little bit here and there between Zoom calls, Christmas celebrations and a little bit of work.  One card made for my son-in-law's birthday, not quite finished yet - but will be in the post today.  I've added a few rows to each of the 4 crochet blankets I have on the go.  Nothing of interest on my desk this week, but here is the shot - I'm sorting through my collection of old magazines and taking out articles of interest, glue gun, heat gun, and that's about it!





Here are our Christmas Day outfits!  Father Christmas, Mrs Claus, the Grinch, two elves and a snowman piggyback, with a big carrot nose!

We wanted to make the day special as we haven't been together all year, apart from Nic's wedding.

Lots of Christmas carols, a few magic tricks courtesy of Mrs Claus (me), and end result 6 tired adults and 3 happy children!




A make shift Santa Express - the cardboard box is the 'carriage window' and there is a projector with sounds/picture of a steam train journey.  

Santa visited, much to the delight of my grandchildren.

Emily was most anxious to protect her food, rather than her present from the Grinch!  George and David were considering taking him on - as they both got their first martial art belts a couple of weeks ago.



Have a lovely week, and I look forward to seeing you all next year.  I am working today, but will visit as many desks as I can, and catch up on some more tomorrow.  Take care, and best wishes for 2021, Heather xx


17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas Day Heather. I hadn't noticed the snowman's nose until you mentioned it lol. Stay safe, happy WOYWW and Happy New Year. Sarah #9

Helen said...

What a fab Christmas! Glad you were able to celebrate together. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year! stay safe. Helen #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The fact that everyone dressed up was fantastic and the Grinch made me hoot!! I love that card with the Lavinia stamps, so pretty and really floats my boat. I finished my blanket and edged it and then my son said he’d like it, so I was happy about that!
Happy New Year!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

BJ said...

Good idea about the magazines, I really ought to do that too, could do with the space.

Just to explain about the asbestos roof. It was removed by the builders and wrapped by them also. We just took the 4 wrapped parts to the dump as it was free for us as householders but they would have had to pay and they were friends from church.

The gradient jigsaw was quite straight forward doing the edges but not so sure about the rest but all sorted colour wise so set to go.

Happy New Year BJ#10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now you've reminded me that I need to get back to the magazine sorting. I have done a few but no where near what I have waiting to be sorted. Hope you have fun with the bubble wrap, it's a great way to get texture onto card quickly when making a Masterboard for instance!!!!! Have fun my friend. Hoping for a better New Year. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x17x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a wonderful family get-together! You do make a great Mrs Claus, Heather, but I think the Gringe has stolen the show! Hope you're having a well-deserved break from work - I'm not looking forward to being back at work in January - I could have done with a month off! Happy 2021 and thanks for your visit! xx zsuzsa #24

Neet said...

I was so blown away with your plans for Christmas and it sounded wonderful what Colin was doing for the grandees. You too with all the outfits. I cannot imagine a more happier household than yours with you all dressed up.
Good to have a natter the other day and hopefully now we are in Tier 4 we will crack this damned virus and maybe we can meet up for a play day in 2021.
Here's to a better year ahead than the one we have just had. Keep crafting, blogging and stay safe, happy and well.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx (trust me to be number thirteen)

Crafting With Jack said...

Wow, looks like you had a happy Christmas. I have a system with magazines, 1- Quick look through, 2 (a couple of months later) look through, pull out interesting articles and put in A4 pockets, a year later 3, take them out of A4 pockets and throw most of them away! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year. Angela #14

craftyani said...

Glad you had a family fun Christmas. Love the costumes. Reminds me of our Christmases years ago. I wish you a Happy New Year and a healthy 2021. Ani

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love your Xmas outfits. Adorable. And yeah, I so need to start ripping up mags and getting rid of the excess. My room is far too full!
Happy (almost) 2021!
Mary Anne (6)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Now that's a happy celebration, family all together. Glad you was able to make the day extra special. Here's to 2021, safe and healthy so we can all enjoy good times with family once again. Happy WoywW Tracey #7 xx

Shoshi said...

You seem to have had a great Christmas with your family, Heather, and I'm not surprised the crafting has been a bit sporadic! Our Christmas was really quiet, with just us 2 and the kitties. Thank you for your visit, and for your kind words about my various doings this week! As for kitty videos on YouTube, someone once said that cats dominated the Internet and YouTube - you don't have to look far to find them! I have a few favourite kitty channels that I follow, but Maru is my favourite - he's such a character. You are right, I am a fan of colour! I've always loved bright colours and lots of them, so you can understand why I have always been such a fan of Kaffe Fassett.

Happy belated WOYWW and happy New Year,
Shoshi #25

Lillianb said...

You sure had a great time dressing up, great costumes,

Happy 2021

take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #3

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos Heather. Thanks for sharing them. All the best for 2021. xx Jo

Caro said...

I love all the Christmas outfits! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Praying for a happy and blessed New Year for you and yours. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#16)

Susan Renshaw said...

Sounds as though you had a lovely Christmas Day!!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Update on here in Victoria – after more than two months with no Covid cases we now have a handful again…
Susan #15
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


Chana Malkah said...

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the late visit! I hope your New Year is off to a fantastic start!

Stay safe and be well,
Chana Malkah, #1