Wednesday 9 December 2020

WOYWW 601

 Good morning all,

Wednesday once more means time to pop over to The Stamping Ground to link up for WOYWW.

My desk does not look much different to last week - the joys of working at home are definitely encroaching on my crafting space.  Over the Christmas break, I feel a little re-orgainsation may be in order.  

At the left is the 95% finished quilt for David, I just have the binding around the edges to add.  Behind that is a journal notebook - I'm using one section for crochet notes!  Under the journal is my work of art in progress, another canvas for my craft room.  

On top of David's quilt, are the beginnings of another crochet blanket - I just keep starting a new blanket when I find a stitch I want to try.  The lemon (it's definitely lemon and not yellow, the light has changed the colour) and pink blankets are well underway.  Sewing machine at the back ready to finish the quilt.  I should do that ASAP, and that will free up some space!   At the right my magnifying lamp, a blue roll and a Christmas card balancing on top! 


I also made my Christmas cake and finished my Christmas gift buying.  So apart from making cards, I'm all set!  

It was lovely to see those that took part in the Zoom Crop on Saturday.  My tablet battery died during the morning session, and we lost our internet at the later one.  It was also difficult on a tablet to keep up, as I had to keep scrolling through several screens to see people.  Too many people talking was also confusing, when I could only see one person at once.  I will need to try on my PC for next time, but without a camera, not sure how that works.  The main thing is, it worked - all hail technology!!  It would definitely be fun to craftalong in smaller groups using Zoom!   Let me know 🙂

Have a lovely week, hugs Heather xx



17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How many projects do you have on the go at once then?! Almost as many as me is the answer, lol!! It was lovely to see you, albeit briefly, on Zoom and yes, I’, definitely up for a small group crafting session, just gimme a shout! David’s quilt is looking lovely btw xx
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Sue said...

What beautiful work you do Heather. Love it all. I know what you mean about scrolling the screens! By the time I got to the person that was speaking someone else was talking. I guess practice makes perfect, so we'll defo need to practice! Hugs, Sue #24. xx

Helen said...

Good to see you briefly! You seem very busy
Have a good week Helen #3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to see you on Saturday, too, Heather. I could only see one person at a time, but it often moved from one to the next when lots were talking. I had trouble getting into the first session, so missed out on a lot. Your Quilte, although quite hidden by yarn, is beautiful. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Spyder said...

I can still see the pandas...can't wait to see the whole thing! Have a Happy WOYWW week. Stay safe! ((Lyn)) #15

Diana Taylor said...

Wow the quilt is looking fabulous from what little I can see, and I what a lot of crochet projects you have on the go. I'm half way through crocheting a scarf but left it so long that when I picked it up to do at the Zoom meeting I had completely forgotten how to do the fancy stitch I had chosen for it - I think it's called Elizabeth stitch and I'm going to have to look it up on YouTube again!
Hope you have a good week
Diana xx #20

Mary Anne said...

Oh the quilt is looking wonderful and I love those little Pandas! Your crochet lookes sweet too, literally, as those ice cream pastels make me go YUM. Yes, even in the cold of winter.

I was another who seemed to scroll all the time to find who was speaking. In the end I sort of gave up on that unless someone was holding something up that I just HAD to see. What is WOYWW but an excuse to be nosy, right?


Happy WOYWW! (WowWee!)
Mary Anne (1)

Felicia said...

Heather, you are a busy, busy bee!! ALLL those projects!! And cake to boot!! Everything looks lovely!! Sorry for your troubles this past Saturday, but maybe next time will be better!! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia, #29

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Heather - I think doing Zoom in smaller groups is probably a good idea - I think there's a feature where you can split into separate rooms, but only available on the paid version (or perhaps it's on MS Teams, I can't remember) - It was nice seeing you and I'm glad I made the previous crop in person because it was easier to recognise people. The quilt and the blankets are coming along nicely! Happy #601! xx zsuzsa #23

Chana Malkah said...

Heather, your quilt is so pretty! And the blanket is equally lovely!

Maybe next time they can have breakout rooms on the Zoom meet-up!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #31

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Heather, all Presents bought here now, but we are buying less this year, as we have no intentions of visiting, or being visited till the vaccine has had a good roll out. We've done well to avoid Covid all year, and are not going to fall right at the end when visiting can be avoided. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, you're so right it was brilliant on Saturday and can't wait to do it again but maybe you're right a smaller group would give everyone more chance to get involved with the chatting.. I thought I'd never get to the posts today, three deliveries of craft stuff, one delivery of a surprise raffle prize, walking dogs, sorting mum's vaccination, trying to finish some cards and that's without the usual stuff like cooking Lol! The quilt and the blankets look lovely. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela x19x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Wonderful selection of projects on the go. I have posted Christmas cards and shopped online for most presents. Couriers bring boxes every day and tomorrow I start wrapping. Will be glad to get it all done. If you want to do Zooms with your computer, get a webcam/microphone that connects by USB, Plenty to choose from on Amazon. Ali x. #16

Sarah Brennan said...

It was good to see you on Saturday Heather. Definitely easier with a laptop to keep up. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt and canvas. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

So many different projects on the go! It was lovely to see you on Saturday. I switched to my laptop in the afternoon - definitely easier! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#33)

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Heather, I agree with your comments about Zoom. I wasn’t sure when to speak because of interrupting other people, still nice seeing everyone. Happy WOYWW. Angela #25

Shoshi said...

Nice to see everyone on Zoom, but I agree, very difficult to have any conversation. So many people, all talking at once, and a few who seemed to have more of the limelight than anyone else! Anyway it was nice to put faces and voices to people. Your quilt looks lovely, and your crochet too. Quite a few of us on here seem to be doing crochet at the moment.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18