Wednesday 2 December 2020

WOYWW 600

Yay, I made it! WOYWW 600 - if you want to join this weekly escape to blogs around the world - click here 》》》》》WOYWW .

Crafting has been hit and miss during the last two weeks, and my desk is still my sewing station whilst I finish off David's quilt - which I am totally confident I will do.  It was a pile of squares two weeks ago, and now it's 75% finished!  

I've also been progressing with a baby blanket, but ran out of the wool, so I ordered some more.  Weirdly I thought one ball = one blanket!  And, erm, well .... I think I might have to sell my house, and buy one with a bigger craft room, as I obviously now need tons of yarn/wool, as I hone my skills as a master crocheter!  I have already started my purchases .... it was a flip of a coin between yarn and scenic stamps.  Yarn won this time - and my word, it was packed in beautiful gauze bags!  Next month's crafty budget will be the stamps, as Mr M may file for divorce if I buy more yarn, as I really do have nowhere to store it!!  Although, that would then give me his man cave as a second craft room .... hmm, let me consider this .... 

Stollen cake has been 80% made - I thought I had ordered some marzipan with the weekly shop, but after I had practically finished making the stollen, I realised I hadn't bought any!  Mr M picked some up yesterday, so I'll finish making it tonight.  I'm taking it into the office on Thursday to share with some colleagues, and I will decide whether to make another when I watch their faces as they eat it.  Fruit for the Christmas cake is soaking in whisky, ready to be turned into a masterpiece at weekend.  The truffle making and mince pies will have to wait for another weekend!  

Desk photo below - ok I tidied my desk before taking the photo, or you wouldn't have seen a thing.  David's quilt is half hidden under my first crochet project - a baby blanket.  Unless I count the 3 granny squares as my first project? No, they were just making sure I could learn crocheting!

Now, the corner you NEVER see.  Sofa bed hidden under tubs of cards, George's quilt, carrier bag full of material, work files/folders, box of packaging for all my dies and stamps, 3 lots of Christmas PJs for the little ones for their Christmas Eve boxes, some material scraps - I fancy making a cushion with that stag!,  my laptop bag, above that is the left over quilt batting, and above that a painting by one of my friends.  I have two that I bought about 10 years ago - I'm hoping once he pops his clogs, his talent is recognised, and my paintings become worth thousands!  Next to the painting are the 3 teddies for the little ones, and a Meerkat photo bombing!  On the floor in front is my yarn collection so far!


A close up of the lovely shimmery bags the yarn came in.  I'll re-use these for baby blankets.


Last but not least, a close up of the baby blanket.  I need another 2 balls of yarn to finish it, and they should be with me early next week.  I'm having fun learning the stitches!


Have a lovely week, and if the Crop is still on for Dec 5th - I hope to be able to join in and see you there!  Heather xx




20 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 600th! Your post made me smile this morning, you sound so bubbly and full of fun! Yay for more yarn purchases and crochet blankets - I adore doing blankets out of crochet, it makes it grow so quickly. Don’t you think it’s quite zen as well, once you get in the flow of th stitches! Those gauze bags may feature in the JanCave too, great for storing stash! Have fun making the stollen!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Well what would life be without too much yarn? At least it's all getting used you seem t have lots of projects on the go. I had to smile, I am constantly on at my hubby to tidy up his tiny office (It's already got drawers with all the bedding in and a huge wardrobe of my daughter's). Really it's just I can see with better organisation I could find more storage my craft stuff..... no hope really is there! God bless long suffering hubbies. Happy 600th WOYWW, have a lovely week, stay well, stay safe, Cindy xx #30

Julia Dunnit said...

The crop is certainly still on, I’ll publish entry codes on Friday. Hey, lovely to see the side we never see...and what are spare beds/§sofas for if not to act as much needed storage platforms? That is a very sweet crochet stitch you’re using for the blanket. Your yarn purchasing and the one ball per blanket thing made me smile, I’ve been there too! I ended up buying a box type side table from IKEA to hide my yarn in, and then I had to squash it down! Don’t do much anymore, really have to be in the mood. Fortunately, the crochet mojo left me as the yarn was used up, so my conscience is reasonably clear. On that front, anyway!!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Heather. Happy 600th. Glad I have got to know you a little through this world wide group! I have a yarn storage facility just like yours. Mine was empty - completely - the other week... and now? Full again as a friend asked me to make some baby blankets with all the yarn she purchased! I have done 2, so the stash is shrinking - but fancied doing something different for a while, so have been knitting with some aran weight yarn I found in Aldi. Knits up really well!!
Enjoy the stollen. Never made one, but used to enjoy eating them.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I like your messy corner! It makes me feel better about my messy floor! I laughed about one ball = one blanket - yeah that's called being naive. It happened to me too when I thought one swimming course for my son when he was 5 years old = a child that can swim by the end of it. I didn't realise they wanted us to keep going indefinitely LOL! Good luck finishing the quilt and the blanket - sounds like you're in the finish line now. I think we could all do with more storage space - just one of those things that you can never have enough of! Happy #600 Heather! I'm sure your co-workers will love the cake! xx zsuzsa #34

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed this visit. I used to crochet, but my hand falls asleep when I do, so gave it and knitting up at the same time. I've made hundreds of granny squares, and never put them together. I love your blanket and I'm sure if you crochet, you can never have too much yarn. Happy 600th from #6.

Felicia said...

Ok, Heather, so WOW is in order! You are a very busy bee!! I love the makings of the quilt for hubby and the baby blankie...so, so sweet!! I knit, but don't crochet, so my hats are off to you! :) And the corner.....no judgment here, you ought to see my garage.....errmmmm, craft storage space!! LOLOL Now on to the foodies....YUMMMMM!!! Sounds delectable!! The Christmas cake has my heart....its my favorite!!! Happy Wednesday and blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #39

Caro said...

I love this post today - so much fun. Love to see the corner... a bit like the corner of my study! Happy 600th WOYWW. Stay safe and take care. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#14)

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, you are a woman of many talents - so much on the go! I would like to say you can't have too much yarn but I'm on my 4th wicker basket full of the stuff so yes you can!! But it's very irresistible isn't it. Hope you manage to finish all your makes with plenty of time to spare,
Happy 600th WOYWW,
Diana xx #27

Helen said...

Happy 600! what a lot you have going on - lots to rummage through.. Hope to see you on Saturday. Helen #1

Mary Anne said...

I am a sucker for all things yarn-y! I have two rooms - one full of papercrafty things and paint, one full of yarn. I seem to careen between them like a pinball bouncing off bumpers LOL!

Looking forward to seeing the blanket when done. I agree - you can never have too much yarn!

Happy 600th WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Chana Malkah said...

Wow! You have made great progress and both projects are awesome!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah #43

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy lady Heather so much going on here today. Enjoy your projects. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely creative week. Angela x19x

Chrissie said...

I saw your immaculate desk and felt dreadful about my space, then I saw you do have some areas where goodies abound! All that wool reminded me that I need to knit a cardigan for my granddaughter!
Happy WOYWW 600 and Stay safe!
Chrissie #12

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Heather, yes i'd have thought exactly the same with wool, one ball one blanket i'm so glad wool isn't my crafty thing. I'm secretly smiling as i've watched your crafty space fill up over the years, it's amazing how much we can collect over the years especially when we like to dip our hands into many crafty things. Enjoy and embrace the space it's cosy hee hee!!
Happy 600th WoywW Hugs Tracey xx

Lillianb said...

Happy belated WOYWDW #600

WOW that is one well packed room, I have mine hidden in the wardrobe and what my daughter said when she opened the it up was funny,

You sure have a lot going on,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #17

Shoshi said...

A lovely busy creative week, Heather! So nice to see others crocheting too. Thank you for your visit and your sweet comments. Here's the link to the free pattern for the cats cushion cover:
https://www.ponymctate.com/post/many-cats-square----free-pattern - she's done 2 alternatives, the first one requiring a lot of blocking to make it flat, and then a better alternative which is the one I am doing. Not sure why she did it that way because the alternative is clearly the preferable way of doing it. I'm making up a lot of squares from that basic design and then I'm going to add all different cats/paws etc to give a more random effect. I've already made up several of her little kitties, though - just love those curly detached tails and the scope for lots of variation!

Glad you like the new furniture which the kitties have definitely claimed. They are convinced we bought it just for them - after all, the colour perfectly co-ordinates with their latest winter fashion fur coats (fresh from the catwalk), doesn't it. Don't be put off by the "devil's fart bread" name (it just made me laugh!!) - the bread is totally delicious and we've had no ill effects whatsoever! (I suppose I am a tad bowel-obsessed, having had my colon removed - all us ostomates get a bit like that and the nurses on the gut ward were a very bad influence in that direction lol! Never thought I could laugh so much in hospital! - so the name of the bread ticked all the right boxes for me!!)

Happy WOYWW 600,
Shoshi x #29

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the new yarn Heather. Laughed out loud at the idea of taking over the man cave. Good luck finishing the quilt. Looking forward to Saturday old laptop permitting. Stay safe and happy 600th WOYWW. Sarah #5

Crafting With Jack said...

Love those shades of wool Heather. Happy 600th WOYWW, it an amazing achievement. Angela #42

Spyder said...

Oh my goodness you are busy! I love those little pandas on your quilt, they are soooo cute! Sorry I'm late.Happy WOYWW!? and have a great crafting week. (Lyn)) #18