Wednesday 1 May 2019

WOYWW 517

Good morning all.  Time for another whirlwind tour of desks, courtesy of Julia and WOYWW.

My IT consultant (Mr M) looked into my issues with leaving comments, and he suggested I use a different browser, and that appears to have resolved the problem, so I shall be round to comment on all those desks where my comments were gobbled up by gremlins!  Unfortunately, I am on a team building event today, so will be orienteering and crate stacking amongst other things, and won't be home till late, so my desk hopping will be Thursday.

My side desk has what I am working on at present.  I've been having problems with promarkers bleeding and wanted to work out the best card and ink combination.  I cut pieces of each card type I have, stamped them each with different inks, so ended up with 5 cards x 4 inks- 20 card/ink combinations to try.  Oooh, I felt like a proper crafter like Shaz when she does her reviews of inks and things!  I'm not writing any reviews, just keeping notes of what works best.


I bought quite a few stamps in a sale and embossing folders, and they arrived on Friday, but not yet had a play, apart from using a couple of them on the card/ink samples above. These are on my main desk waiting to be put away.  I love the dotty numbers!


I've been busy writing my list of things I want to buy at Happy Stampers, dreading adding up the costs though!

Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by, and this week I will be visiting as many desks as I can tomorrow.  Have a lovely week Heather x


16 comments:

Twiglet said...

Lots of lovely bits and bobs to play with there Heather! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Team building days.....I remember them well! Hope yours goes ok and you don't get too muddy/drunk/stressed (delete as appropriate!). Love the new stash, especially the girl with the starry floating hair.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW #517 xx Jan (20)

Neet said...

Enjoy your crate stacking.
Love the experiments you are doing, don't be afraid to share them with us though. Great stash of things you have been buying - love those big numbers.
Not sure I will make Port Sunny afterall - the back has been really bad this last week and I can't seem to get any relief. Its fingers crossed for the crop too.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Gawd, hope you’ve successfully built a team and aren’t too exhausted! Nice sale bargains, I like the dotty numbers too, and those larger ones will be so useful. Love that you’re sussing put paper and pen varieties, and that you think of Shaz when you’re doing it...it’s the sort of thing that makes me think of her too!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, getting my Happy Stampers list together too, Lavinia stamps and some fab Dragon ones from Sweet Poppy at the top of the list! Neet & Sarah are also going, so we can have a lovely chat! Love the experiment, and thats something I must get round too, as I too have found that Promarkers and some cardstock doesn't play nicely together! Some awesome goodies you bought, I managed to get a set of those numbers in a sale a while back too. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hello - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. Love your crafty buys and experiments. Take care Zo xx 25

Caro said...

Lots of lovely goodies to play with there - I particularly love the gorgeous face stamp. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sarah Brennan said...

I must admit that I will be keeping shopping at a minimum at Port Sunny Heather. I am looking forward to the social side of things though. Great goodies. Those large numbers are really useful. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

hope you've enjoyed your team building day! great purchases too. Helen #3

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I have stopped buying anything that does not come from Clarity, as I like their designs and brilliant quality. Everything else is actually gradually going out of my house, either to charity, or schools. You seem to have loads of lovely stuff to play with. Have fun. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great collection of new stash and loving the robots. Happy woyww, Angela x14x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I used to hate team building days although their intentions were to bring staff together there always seemed to be a divide between the ranks but maybe that was just the council I worked for :/ Good to see you are experimenting with your base card Heather, it can be very frustrating when we are part way through something and it all starts to bleed out. You will find a happy *Go to* It's really is worth investing in a bleedproof card.
Hugs & Happy WoywW Tracey #33

Glenda said...

Lots of new goodies to play with! Enjoy!
Happy WOYWW
Glenda #9

Sue said...

Hi Heather, Enjoy your new stash.

Very scientific working out the card and pens combination:)

Glad changing your browser has helped.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #10





Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Heather, guess your busy days are over with team thingy but still busy with other things hipefully playing with that yummy stash!
Memento is recommendation usually with Promarkers, but I actually like archival black, or black versafine heat embossed with Clear EP is my all time fav and usual choice cos embossing helps you stay in the lines!
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}