Wednesday 15 May 2019

WOYWW 519

I really can't believe another week has gone by so quickly, but here we are on a Wednesday again and time for another tour of crafty desks courtesy of Julia and The Stamping Ground aka WOYWW.

Lots of goodies purchased on Saturday at Happy Stampers - although I was struggling to spend my hard earned cash at first.  But not to worry, like a proper trooper I walked round again and again until my little shopping bag was full of goodies!  And when I got home, I did a bit of online shopping for good measure.  It was great to meet up with Neet, Shaz & Doug and Sarah.  Sarah had one of her cards displayed on the Clarity Stall, so naturally I had to buy the stencil she had used, plus a few others - natural saleswoman our Sarah!   I can't show a pic of all my goodies as I put them all away ready for a crafty session on Sunday.

Desk pic is what we are here for, so ... first up is my side desk - play time with Brushos and Clarity Stencil.  Not to be used for anything, just having a play.  I still couldn't find a guitar stamp, so I used a digital one to finish 2 cards off ready for Fathers Day next month, as I'm having another card sale at work for charity.  The lilac orchids are to finish off some other layered cards I had started.  There is also a shiny new glass mat - for some reason I woke up on Sunday and decided I couldn't live without one, so ordered it online and it arrived Monday!  Now ... what did I need it for??!?


Main desk has another 'experiment'.  I bought a stamp from Inkylicious on Saturday, and tried a few different ways to colour it - Promarkers top left, watercolour pencils top right, and Brushos both bottom pics.  It's the right card for Promarkers, but not for watercolours or Brushos - but I live and learn!  I wouldn't mind but I have 3 pads of watercolour card/paper so I really don't have an excuse for messing up the watercolour sample.  I also thought it about time I put together some colour combinations for hair colouring with Promarkers.  Believe it or not I'm still short of a few colours, so that's next on my shopping list.  However, the shading is coming along nicely.  I also got two cover/card/rings sets on Saturday.  I've used one to make samples of my really big (about 20) collection of embossing folders, which hopefully will prompt me to use them.  My plan during the week is to colour half of each sample with distress oxides so I can see how they look.  Oh, and do something really arty/crafty with the covers.  The beach house card is another trial of a different card.  This one is a smooth coated card from Rymans.  I only did this last night,  but early indications are it looks good, and no bleeding of colours ... I may have found my "go to" card for Promarkers!   Trouble is I now have too much white card for my storage drawers.  I wonder if Mr M would mind if I started encroaching on his office??


Aside from that, I've finished my anniversary ATCs.  Hopefully I've made enough, but if not I have plenty of time to make more as I have a week off work next week - woohoot!  Thanks for stopping by, and please do leave a comment - then I can be sure to stop by your blog.  My visiting will be after work as usual.  Have a lovely week, Heather xx


23 comments:

Helen said...

I was hoping to see pics of your goodies.. lol.. I am sure you will remember why you wanted a glass mat so much. they are good for cleaning up though, not that I have one. I might need more atcs too. Helen #1

Neet said...

Your colouring is beautiful Heather, far better than mine. Maybe you could give me a lesson at The Crop.
Interesting to hear your take on cardstock. I used to buy a certain one from the Leigh Show but they don't seem to go any more and I haven't seen them around anywhere.
It was good to see you on Saturday, shame I couldn't spend more time with you but hey ho, not long to the crop.
Not sure about cutting on the glass mat, I love mine but tend to still cut on a self healing mat so I don't blunt my blades.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I find watercolour quite a tricky medium so am impressed with what you've done - and your colouring is amazing. My fav though are the beach huts, they're cute!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh Heater, I've never owned a glass mat and would be afraid I'd drop it on the floor and it would shatter to pieces. I am sure you won't be the klutz I am, though. You sure know your way around those colored markers, dear. Have fun at the crop. Happy WOYWW from #2.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, wow, so much to see on your desk! Was lovely to see you too on Saturday.Like the Embossing Folder idea, I used to have something similar, but never kept it up to date. Must get back onto that. Great colouring in your stamping, Love the guitar cards too. Still unsure of my TH glass mat- it's great for easy cleaning, but I find not so good for cutting stuff with a knife & ruler- stuff slides too much. See you in 2 weeks, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

Glenda said...

My coloring skills leave a lot to be desired. Your's however, look amazing! Well done!
Glenda #19

Christine said...

Love all the experiments! I think that the sharing of information is one of the successful points of WOYWW.
Have a good week
Christine #25

Lillianb said...

What a lovely lot of different things you have tried this week and lovely o hear how you acheived them.

Lilian B #13

Caro said...

What a lovely interesting set of desks and love your colouring. How nice that you met up with some fellow WOYWWers. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#18)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! There is a lot going on here - I might have to have a little trip to Rymans! Glad you enjoyed HS. Chrisx 33

Julia Dunnit said...

A week off work and no ATCs to do, you are in poll position if you ask me!! Lovely colouring again Heather. I did smile at your tenacity in finding stuff to buy, I think we are becoming much more sophisticated in our use of our stash and buying new stuff. Good find on the card...I think Sheena does a fab white card but of course, that may not be available now...and Ryman may well be a lot more cost effective!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done Heather at getting the ATCs finished, I'm not quite that far yet. Pleased to hear you managed to fill your bag with new stash. I usually go to these places thinking I don't need anything and still come back with a bag full. Love the colouring too. Happy woyww, Angela x14x

StampinCarol said...

Wow! You have been busy! Lots of great experiments! And to have your ATCs completed, way to go! Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #27

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Heather you are so organised putting away your new found stash, mine would still be on the table if it had made it out the bag :)) Glad you found your go to promarker card but ut oh... it sounds like the spreading of crafty stash throughout the house hold has already started. There's not many rooms left untouched in this house!
Happy WoywW Tracey #4

Sarah Brennan said...

It was great meeting you again on Saturday Heather. Glad you like the stencils! The Rymans super smooth is good for ProMarkers. Love your colouring practice too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Sue said...

Hi Heather, Have fun with your new stash.

Your various projects are lovely. I particularly like the beach huts.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Debbie Rock said...

I admire anyone who does colouring! I find it the most stressful thing EVER! I recently drew two lines across a card about a quarter of an inch apart and wanted them coloured red ... I'd had a nervous breakdown by the time I had done it! I recently totally reorganised my three - or is it four? - drawers and boxes of cardstock fully intending to Be Ruthless and get rid of some - of course it all went back, but in sets of colours and easier to find so some small progress was made. My ATC's are also made and already safely in the hands of Shaz & Doug who are kindly bringing them along to the crop for me - I never know how many to make so do hope I've done enough for anyone who would like one. Thanks for popping by my desk yesterday ... was lovely having you visit. Love Debbie xXx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, really love your Workdesk, Heather, saw all pickies on Shaz’s blog you did have fun.
Your colouring has really come along, love the lilies, well done.

Hopefully don’t lose this for some reason blogger thee embedded comment boxes you have on your blog, they are unstable plus.

Tell on latest post how to fix if you’re interested. It would really help those commenting.
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

sandra de said...

Goodness me you have been busy and lovely collection of projects on your desk. Thanks for visiting and leaving such lovely comments.
sandra de @23

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I still need to do lots more ATCs, not to mention PTCs. Once again, I had lost track of time. Oh help! It looks as though you had a good time at the show. Look forward to what you do with your new stencils. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #22

Twiglet said...

Another busy desk - will look forward to seeing you and the ATCs at the crop. xx Jo

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOL I know the feeling of REALLY wanting something and by the time it arrives, I can't remember why I wanted it so much! I'm often taken in by clever marketing as well - but, hey, I'm a willing participant! Thanks for your visit yesterday - I would love to swap ATCs with you - will put you on my list! I might still have your address from last year - will check. See you next week! zsuzsa #21

Marit said...

Happy anniversary, so glad we 'meet' almost every Wednesday. I feel blessed to be part of this crafty, creative, nice and supporting online tribe and I love visiting your desk...it's always nice to hop over to your blog and see what you're up to... you sound like me when I do have money to go creative-shopping... I cannot decide easy and sometimes I can even come home without having bought anything(oh yes, I can be 'harsh' like that!) Enjoy your day! Hugs and kisses from the Netherlands. Marit #17