Wednesday 19 September 2018

WOYWW 485

Good morning lovely people.  Another week has flown by and what a busy week it has been!  Just got time to post WoYWW then head off to work for my last day before my holiday.  We fly to Canada tomorrow, so this evening will be busy packing.  I'll try and visit as many desks as I can before exhaustion sets in!

I took everyone's advice and made a simple, but lovely sympathy card.  I forgot to take a pic - but it was a butterfly card out of the Scan & Cut free patterns.  It was a lovely service, and ended in laughter as my cousin had insisted on Spirit in the Sky being played as his committal song - he loved music and laughter!

Anyway on to my desk.  Oh my goodness, not only am I still inspired from the Crop, but I also had a brainwave.  I was thinking of triple layered cards again, and how the stamps missed a bit when stamping over 3 layers of card.  I decided Scan & Cut could solve the problem - stamp one layer of card, colour it in if needed, and then cut each one into three squares! Voila, I must be related to Einstein!  I also cut 4 perfect sets of the backing card.  On the one hand, it
worked perfectly, I get 4 sets out of one 12 x 12. The problem - I set the card up to stamp 4 times using the stamping platform.  I even created a little guide, so I stamped in the right place.  Most of the stamps stamped fine, but my poinsettia stamp (wouldn't you know I only have one poinsettia stamp) and a foliage ivy stamp both would not stamp all the image.  I then tried an acrylic block and it also missed some of the image, so not sure yet what the problem is!  I will have to investigate further when I get back from Canada.

My  main desk has the spoils of a retail therapy trip after my cousin's funeral on the right hand side.  Some nice new periwinkle stamps and matching dies, some cheap stamps that were on sale: more flowers, dandelions and ballet dancers. A couple of packs of bling, some pockets for stamp storage, some removable tape, a StazOn ink pad, and a pack of foam daubers.


My side desk has a big tub of paper/card, inkdusters, two boxes of disposable gloves, my travel scrapbook and a little tool Mr M made me for shaping paper flowers.  I spent one evening colouring in destination names for some of the travel layouts using paints, watercolour pencils, promarkers - variety is the spice of life, eh!  I also created some layouts, which I will use in the travel scrapbook.


Sorry for the long post!   Have a lovely week, please leave a comment, even if just to say hi, and I will visit inbetween packing!  I shall catch up with everyone in 2 weeks!   Take care, Heather x






18 comments:

Helen said...

Glad the service went well, that's a nice choice of committal music! Good luck with the packing and have a great time in Canada. Helen #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Good to hear you managed to create that difficult card Heather, Sympathy cards are not the best things to create. Glad all went well too.
There will be no stopping you with that brainwave of a layout, when you get back from your hols you will be all refreshed with ideas a plenty.. After the washing and the ironing of course hee hee!!
Have a super time & Happy WOYWW Tracey #7

glitterandglue said...

Morning Heather. The service sounds like a celebration of someone well loved - well done everybody. Have fun playing more with the concept of triple stamping when you get home. Have a wonderful time in Canada - enjoy!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad the funeral went ok - the choice of music was brilliant, that made me laugh! The retail therapy must have helped too, I remember that Julia and I had to escape to have coffee and chocolate after Janet Fairythoughts' funeral, not disrespectful but something she would have understood! The travel journal is looking great, have a wonderful time in Canada...so jealous, I'd love to go back :-D. Safe travels xx
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

Neet said...

Hi
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Neet said...

Only kidding with that last comment. Here I am for real.
Love that page for Cyprus - what a gorgeous colour, lovely lettering and those fancy lines.
Nice triple layer cards, not quite worked out what you mean about the Scan and Cut but then I don't have one so maybe that is understandable. Sounds as if I need one from all I am hearing.
Lovely stash - and so glad the funeral went well.
You enjoy your trip to Canada, have a wonderful time with your sister, see a lot, rest a lot and enjoy a lot.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Caro said...

Glad the service went well. What a brainwave you had, but how frustrating about the stamp.. I have had that issue before with some stamps but that was because i wasnt stamping evenly. Have a great trip to Canada. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. Caro x (#16)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your cousin sure had some humour for choosing that song - so sorry to hear about his passing. Lovely stamps - I love HAVING stamps but I seldom use them. Now that I think about it, it's because I'm always nervous about not getting a complete image, smudging, etc. I only ever use them for textured backgrounds or stamping on a separate sheet to cut out - that way I don't need to be nervous! Have fun in Canada and don't forget to take lots of photos for your scrapbooks! zsuzsa #18

Julia Dunnit said...

If you've got time, stick the stamps that don't stamp fully in the airing cupboard..sometimes the warmth just makes them fill out a bit if they've been accidentally stored under something that compressed the rubber. Worth a try! Love to read that you're still inspired by the crop and super impressed at your S&C trickery, goodness what a great idea!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh and of course..have a super fab trip!

Twiglet said...

Lots to snoop on your desk today. So glad all went well - and with a bit of humour too - funerals can be so overwhelming and a little laugh is good for everyone's "spirit" Enjoy Canada. xx Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE that triple card. Yo had a great idea. LOVE the other cards you were working on, too. You had a lot to share right before holiday.

Have a safe trip to Canada. Happy WOYWW from # 1 thanks to Helen.

Sarah Brennan said...

Have a fabulous trip to Canada Heather. Glad your cousin's service went well. Great idea re the triple layered cards. Sarah #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, loving your card. I've not made these for a while but I use different size dies to do basically the same thing. Great choice of song, love it. Enjoy your trip. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great crafty week and a happy woywww, Angela x17x

Sue said...

Heather, The card is fab.

You'll enjoy your new stash when you get back.

Have a lovely time.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #11

Lindart said...

A very busy and creative desk today! Lovely card! Have a great week, Lindart #25

pat brennan said...

Just desk hopping to get to know who is who. You are all so passionate and creative.

Shoshi said...

Some really great projects on your desk this week, Heather. I particularly like the layered card - how clever of you to work it out so brilliantly! (Mrs. Einstein...) I've never made a card like that and it looks fabulous. I'm sorry about your cousin but I'm glad the service went well. If you are still in Canada, hope you are enjoying yourself!

Thank you for your visit and I'm sorry for the delay in replying - been alternately mega-busy and mega-exhausted and have a backlog of blog comments and emails to deal with, but I suppose better late than never - at least I've got a reply in before the next WOYWW lol! Hope you get some good ideas for your apples. We haven't had quite such a big crop this year but I had hoped to make some apple butter too. The dried apples are going down a treat, even if they do look like dried up dead mushrooms!

Happy extremely belated WOYWW!
Shoshi #10