Wednesday 3 October 2018

WOYWW 487

I can't believe my holiday was over so quickly!  After a 3 hour delay at Manchester airport we finally made it to Canada, and my sister had an action packed 10 days planned!  Time now to relax and desk hop courtesy of Julia and WoYWW.  My desks have seen no crafting but I have emptied my suitcase and there are bits and pieces waiting to be put away.  First up my side desk .... Oooh it's the 'C' word!  We crossed the border from Canada to Michigan, USA and visited a year round Christmas store - I have never seen anything like it.  I love all things Christmas, and I love traditions - and starting new ones!  So I decided that we will need to buy a second Christmas tree this year, and adorn it with tree decorations representing all the countries that Mr M and I have visited during our 8 years together - we met on Christmas Eve in 2010, so Christmas really is extra special for us.  I bought 5 country decorations- USA, Canada, Italy, Ireland and Egypt.  All the other countries I will either have to make the decorations or visit again and buy decorations... Oooh that might mean another trip to Grenada, Jamaica, Barbados, Maldives, Morocco, amongst many others!  Also on the photo is a musical snow globe that plays Oh Come All Ye Faithful, one of my favourites.


I also fell in love with a few decorations for my regular tree, shown here on top of the light box/tablet that Mr M bought me for practising my calligraphy!  Not sure what I am meant to do with it, but I'll figure it out no doubt.  The Michigan at the back is a fridge magnet, I also collect them from wherever we go ...

No crafting on the main desk either.  Just a selection of goodies bought when I popped in to Michaels - two more storage boxes (I love boxes), some rolls of washi tape, 50c each! New square punched dies bought with my 50% off coupon, and two rolls of hessian/ribbon.  I also bought a notebook so my sister and I could start tracking our family tree/history, but not a single word was penned, so I will have to postpone that for a while.  The pink on white is a picture from my great niece.  There are two postcards for my travel scrapbook - both from Tobermory.  One is Flowerpot Island (how cute is that name), and one of two fantastic shipwrecks.  They are only in 7mtrs of crystal clear water,  so when we visit again Mr M is thinking of diving there, and I'm thinking of coming out of diving retirement!
Close up of one of the wrecks, and you can understand my excitement at wanting to dive there.

I will aim to have something crafty on my desk next week, but no promises!  I will visit as many as I can today, but still got a bit of jet lag, so may be Thursday or Friday. Have a lovely week, Heather.

16 comments:

Claire said...

Crafty, and festive, goodies are amazing over the pond! And that wreck is amazing!! Thanks for the visit and the lovely comment :)
Claire, no.1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, your holiday sounds fabulous, and that wreck is amazing.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

Sarah Brennan said...

The holiday sounds amazing Heather. I have only ever visited BC, so don't know that part of Canada. If you like Christmas all year round stores, then you really should visit the one in York (but I'd leave my credit card at home lol). Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! that wreck is amazing! Nice busy desk too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x13x

Helen said...

sounds like a fabulous holiday and some gorgeous Christmas decorations. Your new tree sounds a really good idea -and excuse for more trips! Helen #3

Neet said...

Heather, you seem to have had a very very interesting life and done a lot of travelling so I want to know more and will keep you talking for simply ages next time we meet. So you might want to duck if you see me (you are ok I am not going to Port Sunny).
Love all the things you brought back, what an interesting desk - and the Michigan fridge magnet is fabulous.
Love the picture of the wreck, the water is just fantastic.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Marit said...

I love the things you brought back with you from the trip... great idea, to collect different Christmas decorations from all countries... I don't decorate much when it's Xmas and I don't buy a tree but I love to see them on photos and blogs, you will take photos right? Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier, happy belated woyww. Big hug from Holland. Marit

Twiglet said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday Heather. Those little Christmas decs are lovely. xxJo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I can't believe you've gone and come back already!! That looks ana making trip, glad you had such a good time. Great idea getting a second tree, we did last year so the living room one has all the old favourite decorations on and the new one in the living room was more co-ordinated. Wow, did I enjoy the chance to buy all those new baubles! That shipwreck looks amazing, no wonder you want to start diving again...go fo it!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Amazing trip even! Should have read my comment before posting, lol!!

Dorlene Durham said...

Welcome back! Great photos of the goodies you purchased and that sunken ship is pretty amazing from this view. Dorlene #26

Julia Dunnit said...

.yikes, that wreck deserves to be explored, how tantalising! A wonderful picture. Your holiday went by in a blink, but it is filled with tangible memories, I have a lot of tree decks bought in the same vein and hanging them each year is the loveliest part of decorating, the USA ones particularly make me feel that my sister is here with us ina small way, despite the miles!

glitterandglue said...

Goodness Heather - what a holiday - mementoes, Christmas, the thought of diving, that fabulous photo of the wreck... No wonder you say it was an action packed time with no opportunity for family history!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Heather! Glad to hear your trip went well - minus the three hour wait at the airport. Check if you can get some compensation from the airline - my hubby flew to Las Vegas from Manchester with Thompson's and got £300 as compensation for a 3-hour delay! It was almost worth the wait LOL! I love the idea of an all year round Xmas store! The shipwreck looks awesome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! zsuzsa #19

Plush Possum Studio said...

The water looks amazing for a dive! Sorry to be so tardy. Happy (belated) WOYWW
Rose #27

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That wreckage looks amazing, almost untouched over time!! Glad you had a lovely time away Heather, I missed this post last week as I had to take time out to look after the elders and everyone else who came down with the flu..
I love you Christmas ornaments from around the world, my tree is full of bits, bobs and handmades as i'm not really one to have everything the same.
Happy belated WoYWW wondering where this weeks post has disappeared too :D
Tracey #6 (week 488)