Wednesday 5 September 2018

WOYWW 483

Good morning ladies.  Wednesday again, and that means time for WOYWW.  It also means only 3 days to go until the Crop!  I'm so excited!  I made some ATCs, as I read a couple of people were making them.  I haven't yet had time to tidy up, and as we are at the Crop this weekend and no grandchildren visiting I can leave it messy if I want to!   Go me, what a rebel!  Time to treat you to three desks shots - photos were taken last night, as I have an early start today!

Side desk has my sample book on the left.  Stamping platform (makes life so much easier when multiple stamping),  calligraphy box at the back (I have realised cheap calligraphy pens are not worth it - I know what's on my list for christmas), box of disposable gloves (unwanted sample from work), three mini RUB boxes with starfish in them, my ATCs stamped on the back, and to the right, some wooden letters/numbers that were half prices from B&M bargains, so I bought 2 trays.


Main desk hasn't got any thing new on it, just things that have not been put away.  Label maker, cutter, new Derwent pens, colouring book, oxides and the blue folder is full of A4 stamp sheets, ready for my new zip top folders when they arrive.


Other side of the room is now neat and tidy.  I bought a new basket for the die storage, which is deeper so works better.  I started labelling the trays where I am going to store nesting shapes.  Well would you look at that, my steam iron still muscles in on some photos!


Quick update on the gym conversion.  I came home from work yesterday, floor is in, just skirting boards left to fit, some shelves and the edges round the doors.  And some new matting for under the machines.  Mr M has been busy!  Machines are a bit dusty as they have been under dust covers in the garage, but I'm sure they will scrub up nice and shiny! I even have an iPod and docking station in there.  TV will be installed next week!  Wonder how long if will last as a gym, before I change it to my craft room?


Have a lovely week, and for those going to the Crop, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.  Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by, Heather x

23 comments:

Claire said...

Love your crafting space - tidy or messy! Can't get as excited about the gym though... :D
Happy WOYWW!
Claire, no. 3

Neet said...

Lots of craft space for you Heather. So organised too, and I spy a lovely box of colouring pens - you certainly have a lot of them. Mine live in a remodelled Felix box - well two together really.
Glad the gym is almost finished, so you will be super fit shortly with all the use it gets - unless it turns to crafting?
See you Saturday.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Frayed Round The Edges said...

What a pretty neat working space. Karen 15

glitterandglue said...

Morning Heather. 14 WOYWWers so far have said they are coming - just so you have an idea. So looking forward to meeting you. Great looking busy desk this morning - lots have been happening there!
A gym? In your house? Oh my! That is .... incredibly active of you!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, looking forward to meeting you on Saturday! Love your craft space, looks great. I have to go have a look at those letters in B&M, great tip. The gym looks ace, laughing at the craft room comment. See you Saturday, Hugs, Shaz #9 X

Robyn said...

Hi neighbor! So jealous in a good way or your crop! Pictures please. Lots going on here! thanks for the inspiration to tidy!!! Robyn 13

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely neat space you have - the wooden letters look very useful and a good bargain too. I love the gym space - I have my treadmill in the corner of the dining room - it looks a real eyesore so I envy you your space.
Have a great week,
Diana x #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Really looking forward to meeting you on Saturday Heather! I love having the option to leave all my crafting out on the desk and just shut the door on the mess, so useful!!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

Caro said...

I love your crafting space - such a lovely lot of desk area and storage area and some lovely goodies. Thanks for sharing. Have a good week. Caro x (#27)

Helen said...

have a lovely time at the crop! I love your space - the crafty one, gyms don't do it for me! but enjoy the gym too. Helen #1

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your craft room always looks so well kept and lovely. Most impressive. And a gym might be the ideal thing, but I still prefer a craft room (grin). Have fun at the crop. Take lot of photos, please. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

Dorlene Durham said...

Great space! Have fun on Saturday. I've noticed many of you are making the ATCs. I hope you take pictures of what you receive. Dorlene #31

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I hate to break this to you Heather, but your desk is anything but messy! Your messy is way tidier than my tidy! It looks very organised and inviting. I've always wanted a gym! We have an exercise bike set up in the conservatory but I always get bored sitting on it (plus a sore bum!) and there's no way to set up a TV in there. Sometimes I set up the laptop but it's just too much hassle - or so I tell myself. Have a good time at the crop! zsuzsa #21

Paper Wishes said...

Having a gym is probably a good combination with a craft room as we spend so much time sitting creating I must get out on my bike this week as the lovely weather is continuing here in Ireland. Enjoy the crop. #35

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, pleased I'm not the only one that doesn't put stuff away when I've finished using it. I think we are so keen to get on with the next project that we can't waste time putting stuff away. Loving the new gym too. Have a great time at the Crop and happy woyww, Angela x17x

Sue said...

Hi Heather, I do love your shelving unit above your desk. so organised and you can see what's there.

Hope the gym get's lots of use.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #16

Sarah Brennan said...

Looking forward to seeing you at the crop Heather. Happy WOYWW Sarah #4

Twiglet said...

Wow - Your gym looks fab - I could do with a bit more exercise! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday! xx Jo

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Heather, I love that you have a separate space for your gym ( there are actually a couple of machines about 6 feet from the end of my stamping table hahaha. :) ~Stacy #28

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Heather I can not see any mess, it all looks so tidy to me. If only you could see the mess i'm surrounded by.. Love how there is a place for everything oh to have the room for this. I'd most certainly be turning that Gym into a crafty area.
Have fun at the crop & share lots of pics.. i'm looking forward to seeing it all. Thanks for sharing WOYWW, safe journey.
Hugs Tracey #6

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! Love your storage system! How great to have your own gym too! look forward to meeting you at the crop! Chrisx22

Lindart said...

How wonderful to have a gym in your home! I have a exercises bike, but rarely use it, I really should remedy that! Perhaps you could somehow attach a crafting desk to one of the machines. . .! Your desk looks awesome, everything has a spot! BTW - I call Michael's the "$50" store, as that is what I usually spend unless I'm really strict with myself! Thanks for your visit, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, I've been working so much lately! Have a great week, Lindart #23

Belinda said...

I love your tidy neat craft space and those cubbies with the baskets...awesome! Today I am working on some stamping. I have a MISTI and it does in fact help when I need to mass produce a project. It also saves me grief when the impression doesn't come out good the first round. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and crop. Thanks for the visit.
Belinda #30