Wednesday 12 May 2021

WOYWW 623

Good morning all,

The wanderer returns.  Well, not so much wanderer (as I haven't been anywhere), more wonderer, as in "I wonder when normality is going to return?"

The last couple of months seem to have raced through at 100mph - I'm more of a leisurely 30mph drive kind of girl.  A tiny bit of crafting has been done, and I have a lot of catching up to do on my junk journal (I did well for me keeping at it every day for over a month), or I may just skip to the present day.  I have done lots of gardening, with the assistance of Mr M.  We have a lovely berry patch now- just need the berries to grow!  We were also surprised one evening by a hedgehog strolling down the embankment- 48 hours later Mr M had built a hedgehog feeding station and installed a hedgehog cam- and we were pleased to discover Mr & Mrs Hedgehog going for dinner together and then having a smooch outside!  

I've also almost finished researching my family tree, no skeletons in the closet, but it was nice to do, and when we are free to travel, Mr M and I are going to some of the places my ancestors lived, to take some photos to add to the album I am creating.  Mainly Devon, Wales and Yorkshire.  

Enough waffle, we are here for WoYWW and to show off our desks!  Top of the desk is the wallpaper I have chosen for one wall in my craft room, we are going to get the paint this weekend, and then I will be packing up my crafty supplies whilst I decorate.  In the corner is the box from a crystal painting notebook (more on that below).  Bottom right and top left are an Alice in Wonderland foiled card kit, I'm still having a soft spot for Alice!  I've ordered 7 Alice stamps- so no excuse for not having inspiration for crafting!  Centre is a couple of pages for my journal.  

 


I did my first ever crystal painting - I bought it when my local craft shop reopened - mainly because it made me think of our dear Shaz - you can see why.

It's not finished yet - and part of the area is not sticky, so I'm going to have to be creative somehow when it comes to sticking those crystals on.  

I've not decided what I'm going to use the notebook for yet, but I do know it will be something connected to Shaz/crafting.




I have continued with my crochet - I have to say I have taken to this like a duck to water!  

Two of my nephew's and their wives are expecting babies in the next few months, so my baby blankets will be put to good use.  

My granddaughter has put in an "order" for a rainbow blanket for her baby doll.  The collage shows the different stitches/blankets I have made so far.  The top left is '1960s call the midwife' inspired, and the bottom right is another 1960s inspired- that's my current one.



I had my second vaccination yesterday, my arm is a little sore today, and I have a headache, but plenty of rest and paracetamol should do the trick apparently.  I hope everyone is keeping well, and I'll be visiting blogs after work.

Take care, and thanks for stopping by, Heather xx

15 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely to have you back in the fold.
So a newly decorated craft room is on the horizon - does that mean an absence of Heather for a while? You can always blog your crochet though.
How wonderful to have someone so handy to make you a hedgehog hotel - and a webcam on top of that! I was overjoyed one year when I saw Mrs Hog and her five little hoglets in our garden, never saw them again! I hope you continue to enjoy your little guests.
Just wondering which Alice stamps you are getting - I have quite a few so if you want any images let me know which and I will oblige. Maybe we will have a crop soon and then I can bring them down and you can stamp to your hearts content.
Take care
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hooray for the second jab, another step on the way back to normality.....well, I say normal..... ;-D. That’s lovely wallpaper and I bet your craft room is going to look fab when it’s all done. Diamond Art really is not my thing at all but I have to say that the notebook is awesome and the design fits well....just had a moment thinking about Shaz, goodness I miss her...
Hugs LLJ 7 xx
PS Look at you whizzing away with the crochet, it’s perfect for blankets!

Twiglet said...

Wow - look at all that fab crochet - clever you. Your wall[paper is fab and perfect for your room. Good to get over your 2nd jab - we have had both ours now and looking forward to more contact with friends and family. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you back again. Sounds like you've had plenty to keep you occupied with the family tree. Loving the dragon on the note book and your crochet too. Sending lots of woyww hugs, Angela x17x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely to catch up with you Heather! Your craft room will look amazing with that wallpaper. You could put that video of the hedgehogs on YT! I love how you little granddaughter "put in an order" for a blanket LOL! How sweet! Lovely notebook, and I can see why it reminds you of Shaz. I'm just glad I met her that time two years ago - I never would have imagined that was our last meeting. By the way, I'm a 30mph kind of girl too LOL - that's a good way of putting it! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #22

Helen said...

Welcome back Heather, we've missed you! you sound as if you've been busy though. Family research is so interesting. Helen #5

Mary Anne said...

SNAP! I was the same with my 2nd jab. The blanket is looking lovely and your granddaughter is sure to be pleased. The notebook is gorgeous and very Shaz for sure!And I love the wallpaper - perfect for a craft room.

being brief, with still sluggish internet
Mary Anne (2)

Sarah Brennan said...

So good to see you back Hetather and that you are now fully vaccinated - hope the headache and sore arm are better now. Good luck with the craft room decorating. That book cover is indeed very 'Shaz' and the blankets are gorgeous. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Great to see you Heather! My word you’ve been very busy! Your crocheting is lovely, that Call the Midwife pattern is so pretty, and very indicative of it’s time. I love the crystal art book cover, what a great find, I agree, puts me very much in mind of our Shaz. Don’t worry about next week, you know me, it’s not meant to be a pressure!

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh, forgot in that tiny amount of time, to say how lovely that wall paper looks...and great good luck with the packing and decorating!

Diana Taylor said...

Hi Heather, lovely to see you again. The wallpaper is gorgeous and definitely the sort of thing I would choose if I could face the prospect of packing up the craft room to decorate!! The diamond art notebook is very Shaz, I can see why you chose it, although it looks a bit fiddly for large fingers like mine! How lovely to have Hedgehogs in your garden - if you are interested you can register the sighting at www.bighedgehogmap.org or look at the hedgehog street website. I'm keeping everything crossed that we see some in our garden this year.
I love the crochet, I especially love the 1960's inspired one at the top, it's just stunning.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #16

Caro said...

The diamond art notebook is indeed very Shaz - beautiful. How lovely to have Hedgehogs in your garden and I love your crochet. Happy WOYWW (a day late!). Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#19)

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Heather, the dragon art is gorgeous. What pky are you crocheting in? It looks very fine to me. I don’t think I have worked in less than double knitting, your patterns are lovely. I am in awe of your hedgehog cam, invite me round please! Angela #10

Shoshi said...

Welcome back, Heather. Lovely projects on your desk this week. I love the crochet blankets - I'm majorly into crochet again at the moment too! I love it and can't get enough of it. How lovely to find a project to work on that reminds you of Shaz. It looks very complicated.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Lisa-Jane said...

I can definitely see Shaz's inspiration there - how annoying that it's not sticky enough in places. Well done on the family tree - I'd love to find out more about mine but people keep dying and it doesn't feel the right time. Apologies for the delay but I was taken ill Wednesday afternoon and I'm only just coming out of it! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #4