Wednesday 26 December 2018

WOYWW 499

Good afternoon to you all.  I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.  Sorry I've missed a couple of weeks - work, family, Christmas all conspired to keep me away from WOYWW.  Thankfully I have time today to show my desk!  Without further ado, here it is.  Christmas card remnants, and at the right side, my new Gemini!


Side desk, aka sewing station, has some calligraphy gifts received at Christmas, I'm looking forward to trying them out.  My sewing machine in the middle, and at the right side are the two sets of squares ready to stitch up into quilts for my grandsons.  I did manage to finish Emily's quilt, but unfortunately ended up without time to start, let alone finish the quilts for the boys.


Photos of the finished quilt that my daughters and granddaughter all loved.  I bought some cute labels that said "made with love by Grandma" and added one to the quilt.  It did turn out bigger than I thought, but it will last for many years I hope. 



Last post of 2018 for me.  I hope everyone is enjoying their break from work, and/or spending time with family and friends, and I wish you all a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year.  I'll be round to visit later today.  Have a lovely week Heather x

13 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, love the quilt! Gorgeous colours. Happy Christmas from us both, Love & hugs, Shaz #10 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Merry Christmas Heather!! I'm glad you had a lovely time - that quilt is brilliant for your first one, I'm sure Emily adored it. And I think a slightly larger quilt is preferable to one that's a wee bit too small!
HUgs LLJ 8 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Fabulous quilt Heather and I'm sure Emily loves it. The others will be worth the wait I'm sure. Nice new Gemini! Happy New Year. Sarah #1

Darlene said...

beautiful quilts - that is one craft I never did get to do - but I am always in awe of the artwork put into them.
Happy new year.
Darlene # 16

Helen said...

The quilts are gorgeous! I'd love a handmade quilt but it's not something I could do in a year, never mind month, of Sundays! Happy Christmas Helen #6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi , I know this is a bit late but also know you wont mind. Just got back from parents. Gorgeous quilts. Hope your Christmas has been full of joy. Happy woyww, Angela x18x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh your quilts fabrics are wonderfully put together. Love the colors. Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2019, in every way.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You did a fabulous job with those quilts Heather, well done. Great additional labels too. You have lots of lovely things to play with, I'm looking forward to having a little me time to play with some of my goodies.
Wishing you a Happy & Healthy 2019, it's been so lovely to find you on hear Heather. Happy woyww Tracey #7

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Second Gemini in two posts Heather! Well done on the crafty additions to your room, and on Emily’s quilt even to get one done is quite an achievement I think! You’re certainl diverse in the crafty area.
Happy belated Christmas and WOYWW. Am grateful to have met you this year, too!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #5

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

The quilt turned out fantastic! I would never believe that's your first ever. Love the grandma label on it - it will be treasured by little Emily as she grows up. I'm sure the boys won't mind waiting for theirs - now you have a whole year to work on them at your leisure which is so much better than being stressed by self-imposed deadlines! Have fun with your new goodies and best wishes for 2019! zsuzsa #11

Sue said...

Hi Heather, Those quilts are fab. enjoy the Calligraphy.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the festive period.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #2

Neet said...

Gosh, my head is mashed as I could not think how to make a comment. Age!!!
Missed you posting but figured you were busy with all the sewing tasks you had - lovely to see the finished quilt - you made a super job of it - hope you were pleased with the end result....
Also hope that you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and my Very Best Wishes for the New Year to you.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftyani said...

Sorry I am late commenting. Love the quilt must get around to sewing mine the squares have been cut for months. Wishing you a great 2019. Ani #3