Wednesday 21 November 2018

WOYWW 494

Good morning all, we seem to be hurtling towards the end of the year at a rapid pace!  I had to check, but yes it is Wednesday once more and that means WoYWW.  Head on over to the Stamping Ground if you want to know what it's all about, and join in.



I am once again a Great Aunt.  This time to a beautiful little girl.  My main desk shows the result of this weekend's crafting, inbetween babysitting our grandsons who came for a sleepover (hence the tidyish desks).










A keepsake box - not sure if you can see the glittery pink letters!






Side desk has some crackle top coat and base coat, and some Adirondack inks that I bought to try with the Gelli plate!

Talking of which, many thanks for all the helpful comments last week.  What can I say - you are all so helpful and wonderful!

There are also 4 "C" card toppers.  I bought some fluffy stuff, so I wanted to try it and see how it turned out.  Not too bad.

No sewing work this week, so my plan is to catch up on Saturday when Mr M is out for the day.  Sunday we are off to Sunderland for a christening - great-nephew this time, so no crafting will be done at all.  Oooh, will I still manage 3 quilts before Christmas! Lol.

Have a lovely crafty week, and i shall be doing my rounds this evening when I get home from work. Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by, Heather x

14 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Congrats to you and your Heather, I can just make out those glittery letters.
Your three quilts before Christmas is a massive deadline, feels like we will all need them with this rapid temperature drop.
Enjoy your weekend & I do hope you get a moment for sewing..
Happy woyww Tracey #6
P.S it's fun stuff is the fluffy stuff :)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely name and the pink box is beautiful! Congrats on your new great niece! You've been having a busy time recently and it seems to carry on - hope the trip to Sunderland goes well. We really enjoyed being back up in the North East for a few days.
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Claire said...

What a treasure box - just gorgeous!
Happy WOYWW:)
Claire, no. 2

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great box, and tidy desk too Heather, clever work indeedy. Yes that fluffy stuff is fun, I forget I have it sometimes.. well done on the toppers too.
Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #20

Neet said...

Well, Congratulations first of all on the birth of your Great Niece. I take it the box is a keepsake one for her.
My words you are busy, hope you have a lovely time in Sunderland and good luck with all the Christmas makes.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Heather, I must admit to loving the old Adirondack inks- I collected them all, and when I heard they were being discontinued, got reinkers for them too! You've reminded me I bought some Fluffy Stuff to try, must add that to my ever growing list of things to do! Love the box, great job. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Diana Taylor said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family - the box is very pretty and such a lovely name too. Enjoy your lovely new stash, I hope you get three quilts made before Christmas - I think I'll struggle with three cards!
Diana x #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, will you manage 3 quilts? Lucky you aren’t me, is the best I can say to that!!! congrats on the new safe arrival, how lovely, I think a keepsake box is a great gift for a newborn, I kept such little things that they were eventually herded into a Tupperware, not quite so glamorous as a pink box with sparkly letters!

Christine said...

Do persevere with the Gelli plate... I have found I don't need to buy background paper anymore as the prints can be made in matching colours. I use acrylic paints and stencils, then when dry stamp and emboss - especially for Christmas papers.
Have a good week.
Christine #23

Sarah Brennan said...

Congratulations on the new arrival Heather. Love the box and I'm glad you are persevering with the gelli plate, it is fun to play with. Hope you do manage three quilts! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

Congratulations indeed, and the sparkle shows up nicely! Good luck with the quilts and your gelli plate! I hope to get some time over Christmas to play with mine..... no chance of time before then! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather and welcome to the new family member. The box looks lovely and it looks like you are going to be pretty busy. Happy woyww, Angela x19x

Shoshi said...

Congratulations on being a great aunt again, Heather, and what a very pretty box for the new arrival! Thank you for your visit, and I'm so glad the apple butter went down so well - you will get time to make the cinnamon twist loaf eventually, I am sure. When you've made it, you will want to make it again, I guarantee it - it's too delicious!! As for the pants saga, you are right - frustrating in the extreme. I'm almost dreading the arrival of the next pair, convinced that they won't fit me again, and I'll end up murdering somebody! If this goes on, I will be murdering everybody with the bad smell because by the time the next pair arrives, I will have been wearing these for a month!!!!!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #14

Lindart said...

Beautiful keepsake box, and congratulations! Have fun on your weekend! Thanks for your visit, have a wonderful week! Lindart #24