Wednesday 19 June 2019

WOYWW 524

Good morning all.  Hope you have not had as much rain as we've had this past week.  I haven't been in the garden much at all.  Linking in with Julia at The Stamping Ground for another round of desk hopping around the globe, courtesy of WOYWW.

The bit of time I did manage to sit in the garden was spent colouring covers for my new stamp folders.  One for Lavinia, one for Honey Doo, and at Neet' s suggestion - one for Gorjuss.  And voila, here they are on my side desk:

I loved colouring them, close up shots below.


I didn't quite use every Lavinia Stamp I own, but not so far off.

Lovely mystical, magical fairies and gorgeous flowers/foliage.

I really could have got quite carried away!  Oh wait, I think I did.

Backgrounds are distress inks, and everything coloured in with my old favourites, Promarkers.  Added some Wink of Stella, and some Glossy Highlights and called it a day...




Next up was Honey Doo.  Another of my favourites.

I messed up when I started colouring in the background.  I used brushos, but quickly realised the paper was not suitable at all.

Unfortunately I had stamped all the images before I realised this teeny weeny problem.  So I ripped a scrap of card, stamped a flower and leaf, and did what we crafters do best - covered up the problem!

This was all coloured with Promarkers, including the background.  I added some Wink of Stella and some embellishments to give it a bit of bling for Jan 😁😁.

Last but not least, Gorjuss.  I used preprinted backgrounds, and coloured them all in Pumpkin to add a bit of brightness.

I stamped and cut out two of my larger stamps, and coloured them in, before sticking them on to the backing sheets.










All that I had left to do was make some spines.  By this time the rain was starting so I headed indoors and cut up a couple of card toppers I had previously made for the Lavinia and Honey Doo folders, and used the leftover backing papers for the Gorjuss one.

I just have the two generic stamp folders to decorate next, plus one more empty binder... oooh what should I keep in there.  I see so many different brands that other deskers have - Helen, Sarah, Neet, Angela - I think oooh they are nice, and then I forget all about them!  So ladies, if you could only have ONE brand of Stamp in your stash - what brand would it be?



One last photo - my main desk.  Way tidier than last week.  All the mess of Father's Day cards has been cleared away in anticipation of the grandees arriving on Friday.  Still got a few bits to clear, but that will be done tomorrow.
Have a lovely week, and I'll do my visiting after work as normal.  Unless I get chance at lunchtime- which is rare, but does occasionally happen!  Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, so I know you visited  Heather xx

17 comments:

Claire said...

Haven't you been busy! I love gorjuss crafty supplies :D
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 2

Neet said...

What a fabulous project! Those are folders to be proud of. I especially like the Lavinia one, stamps I just cannot get on with for some reason although I do like them. Your colouring is fantastic!
If I was to have a folder it would have to be a Dylusion one but then it wouldn't work because I have so many of Dyan's stamps. I have to have a big box for them all (my Paris chest that you see from time to time). I think I would have to go with something like a category (animals, trees and leaves, etc) rather than a manufacturer.
Enjoy your weekend with the grandees.
Hugs, Neet xx

Helen said...

Beautiful work here today!! Happy WOYWW. Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Gracious, beautiful and useful...you’re so on it! You really can colour gal, I can’t see any extra bits of card covering anything either. And I did look! As for the question about one brand of stamp....I can’t answer that. Never heard of Honey Doo before this morning!! And I might answer it and change my mind and then I’d be committed and I know it’s not for real but what if it was and oh.......!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, love what you've done with the folders, they look fabulous. Love all your colouring, they look amazing.Just one stamp company- couldn't possibly do that, lol. I'd say have a look at Card-io, or Visible Image,Chocolate Baroque or Inkylicious- see said I couldn't pick one! Or maybe have a folder for Christmas stamps, or sentiments? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #14 X

Dorlene Durham said...

What a fun thing to do with your binders. Great idea and wonderful coloring! Have a wonderful week. Dorlene #26

Sarah Brennan said...

Brilliant binders Heather. I can't see where you have covered up the Brushos on the Honeydoo one. You know which stamps I'm going to recommend don't you lol. I like them because they are clear for positioning, but robust enough to stand heating for use with fusible fibres and film or for stamping into UTEE. (Clarity of course. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Caro said...

Wonderful folders! They are really beautiful and such a great idea. Happy WOYWW. With Love & God Bless, Caro x (#10)

Sue said...

Hi Heather, Loving the folders.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #8

Anne said...

Hi Heather - what beautiful folders you have created. Anne x #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather. These folders are a great idea and look good too. Nice tidy desk too. Wishing you a happy creative woyww, Angela x15x

Crafty Kaz said...

Wow love your Gorjuss images, Beautiful Colourful pages, looking forward to popping in now and then to see more Kaz x #30

Kathryn Frantz said...

I’m so impressed with your binder cover art! Especially the Lavinia one. I love those! Happy Wednesday!

Shoshi said...

Oh my goodness, Heather, those covers are simply fabulous! Really beautiful! I did a big album like that for my Zentangle sample cards and did Zentangles all over the cover but it's not coloured. You must be so pleased with your results! Thank you for your visit. You are probably very wise to leave your hubby to his own devices with the sharp kitchen knives lol! My hubby isn't allowed to touch mine. He was in serious trouble with the Head Chef (yours truly) a while back, when I found him opening a parcel with my best paring knife!! When I got the new ones, I said "hands off." I've just got to learn to be more careful myself! It's healing up OK but it's still pretty tender so I'm keeping it well covered for a while longer.

Thanks for your good wishes for all the stuff I'm waiting for, and I do wish you all the best for your appointment in August. Those biopsies sound extremely unpleasant and I don't envy you at all. I am glad my tooth healed up so well and that he was pleased with it, and hopefully I won't have any more tooth trouble for a while because I had an uncharacteristically large amount of it recently! Fortunately we really like our dentist, despite the fear and discomfort!

So glad you liked the card I made for my friend. We had such a lovely lunch out, and she loved the card.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #16

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit. Rain on the way and I have a feeling we will be off to do something, even if it is just groceries. I love all the photos you have shared. Beautiful binders and love the items you have used. Great colors Have a great weekend.

Twiglet said...

Stunning folders - such detail. xx Jo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Heather, you must have the most beautiful stamp folders ever! They look stunning. I couldn't possibly pick a favourite stamp but currently I'm loving Darkroom Door and I've just discovered Technique Tuesday too. Penny Black is an old favourite and I like Lawn Fawn too. I could go on but won't. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #24