Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOYWW 433

Another week has flown by!  Time for my weekly WOYWW snoop around your desks and a glimpse (from a different angle) of mine.


On the left are some children's birthday cards ready for my daughter to collect.


The purple bit in the centre is my first attempt at jazzing up my wedding album.  I initially started by mounting my photos on to patterned card ready to stick in the album with a few strategically placed lovey dovey quotes ... but my tour round some of your desks put that idea to shame.  So I used a sponge and distress ink (then realised a really need a brayer/roller to colour the pages).  Then I stencilled in two of the corners and voila 1 page looks artistic ... about 35 more to go!  I might not, in fact I definitely will not, do them all the same way, but it's a start.  No way will it be finished to take to Canada in 2 days.  The photos and jewels on the page were just an idea... but the jewel idea has since been discarded, I just haven't clearned them up yet.

On the right of the picture are two cards I made from hunkydory kits. I need to post them tomorrow! 

Thanks for the comments last week ... and the DST debate!  I too find the tape rollers expensive so tend to use DST.   

I won't be here next week, so have a fantastic time at the crop for all of you that are going, and I shall catch up in 2 weeks.  Thanks for stopping by, and please do leave a comment, I love to read them. Heather x



16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Great page in your wedding album. Love the texture of the background, the colour and of course those Tim Holtz stencils are so useful. Have a good time in Canada. Sarah #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, fab page for your album. My wedding photos are 32 years old and still not even in a traditional album. Ugh, a bit ashamed really! I missed the DST debate I'm afraid, but would like to say that I love my ATG gun dispenser thingy.....

glitterandglue said...

Hi Heather. Love that page! Brilliant - well done. Those cards are great too - lots of fun in the children's cards.
Take care. God bless. Have a wonderful time in Canada.
Margaret #4

Lindart said...

Hi Heather, it's amazing what some colour and a stencil will do to brighten up a page! You mentioned in your comment to me that you had gone to St Jacobs Market when you were in Canada - that's where the photo of the father and son was taken! Small world! Thanks for your visit, have fun on your trip! Lindart #25

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, looks like you've been busy there. The children's cards look fun and the ladies are lovely too. Like how you're decorating your album, that's going to look really nice. Have a great crafty woyww, Angela x17x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, those kid's cards are wonderful, I'd buy those for my great nephews! I like the purple you've used for the album, what a lovely colour. Have a wonderful time on your holidays - you'll have to show us some pictures when you get back!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

sandra de said...

Weddings photos still sitting in the box now for 26 years. Enjoy your holiday.
sandra de @6

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Those are real cute kiddie cards and I'm loving your distress ink background. No turning back from here - once the inky bug bites you, you're hooked LOL! Thanks for visiting and have fun whatever you're doing next week! zsuzsa #14

May said...

Love your album page... those kiddie cards are fabulous great images.. your desk I must say looks so inviting have lots of creative fun for the week ahead... May #11

Helen said...

well done with the wedding album - it's a great start! have a fab trip. Helen #1

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hey Heather... ( me either hahaha) I have "full set syndrome" when it comes to collecting coloring mediums... I tell my self I do not need every color and eventually I end up with them all anyways. :) ~Stacy #28

craftyani said...

Love the children's cards unfortunately I am of an age where children don't feature in my life. Your album looks great and colourful. Anickoana

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, I think you're very brave giving your album a makeover.Love what you did with the first page. The childrens cards are gorgeous too, and I'm sure will go down a treat. Sorry I'm late this week, but I ended up wiped out. Feel better today though, so hopefully I'm past the worst of it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

Twiglet said...

I'm soooo late getting round a few desks this week. Ben was three yesterday so I have a good excuse! Stunning crafty activity going on there! xx Jo

Dorlene Durham said...

All the cards are so great! I thought about redoing my wedding album since my craftiness has gotten so much better since I did mine but then I look through it and love it. LOL. I've got plenty of stickers and random embellishments all over it, but that's ok. I"m working on my son's wedding album now and it is so fun! Thanks for your earlier visit. Dorlene #26

Marit said...

Sorry I'm so late... but here I am to take a peek at your deskwhile you are in Canada(?) It´s been ages since I scrapbooked and used photos.. Art journaling is my thing to go but I plan to pick it up scrapbooking and make a layout every once in a while after my b´day next week ´cause I need a new album and I hope I get one for my b´day. Hope you have a great time in Canada. Hug from Holland, Marit #20