Wednesday 5 January 2022

WOYWW 657 - Happy New Year

Thank you for the warm welcome back last week.   I've cleared away the Christmas bits and pieces, but still not got much clear space on my desk, as I've had my order delivered with the mixed media sets I mentioned last week, apart from one, which should be here soon.  So .... here they are, neatly laid out whilst I decide which to attempt first, together with some other bits I ordered .... voilà 


And my main desk - smaller now it has been relocated to make way for the bunk beds



The furniture polish was actually used, I just forgot to put it away!  I am attempting to do some scrapbooking, as I have lots of albums with nothing in them - but inspiration for layouts is not my strong point!

It's a real shame the shop I ordered from  is closing down its physical shop, and will be online only, as I enjoy having a mooch round.  Still, I did get some mega bargains, as many items were 75% off!  And a few new things to try, such as embossing pens!

Crafting this past week was in the form of decorating cookies with my grandsons (they came to stay for the weekend), and a start on a new rainbow Jan-Blan.  We replaced the sofa bed with bunk beds a few months ago, and I only have one rainbow Jan-Blan ... and both boys wanted it on top of their quilts!  So a new one has been started.

If you want to join in with the desk hopping, head over to The Stamping Ground and join the fun!

Have a lovely week, Heather x


11 comments:

Twiglet said...

Happy New Year! Just chuckling at your "Jan- blan" mention. It took me a while but I got there. Show and tell when it's done. xx Jo

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Two in a row, Heather! Oooh, I'm loving those goodies. Shame about the shop closing down. Then again, sometimes it's easier to shop online - you have all the time in the world to look up things, price check etc. We have a Crafter's Companion near us, but every time I go there, I feel lost and usually leave without nothing. Then again, they're a bit overpriced. How sweet, they both wanted a Jan-Blan! Will keep you busy for a while. Happy New Year! xx zsuzsa #25

Crafting With Jack said...

I prefer to see things when I am shopping, but it is getting harder to physically shop for crafts in this area. Looking forward to seeing your Jan-Blan (‘blanket right?). Angela #1

glitterandglue said...

Happy New Year, Heather. Oh my - you REALLY had fun with your shopping! Hope you greatly enjoy trying everything out. Have fun!! I'm with you - I like to see what I am buying - not a great fan of buying on-line at all. I try to avoid it wherever I can.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hooray for having to make another Jan Blan (have you copyrighted that yet, lol!), your GS obviously has extremely good taste. I think putting furniture polish on your desk is a bit unfair without prior warning, it’s a reminder that housework has to be done but only the bare minimum as it cuts outs crafting time :-D
Happy 2022, may it be full of fun and crafting,
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Helen said...

Happy New Year and thanks for visiting already. I just put away my Christmas decs, didn't go so far as getting the polish out yet though! Shame about the shop closing, but well done on grabbing bargains. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy New year Heather, loving your tidy desk and the new Mixed Media sets look interesting. So many craft shops have closed their shops and gone fully on line but I guess it keeps the costs down a bit. Have a lovely woyww and a great week. Hugs, Angela x20x

Mary Anne said...

Oh I like the AS frame! Looks cute. I recently moved a bookcase that was blocking a door that covered some pipework, and that got all my scrapbook albums into the craft room. So many. I think I actually have some pages that need albums LOL! But then it has been ages since I scrapbooked. Maybe I will again if I ever have a grandchild DOH!
Happy New Year and Happy 1st WOYWW of 2022!
Mary Anne (11)

Anne said...

Hi Heather. Lovely to hear from you. Our smaller spare bedroom was my craftroom but it got converted gradually to bedroom for grandchildren :-) hence why I use dining room now. Keep few bits in bedroom still though. We have just had decorator come to give us a quote to redecorate said bedroom.
Your new goodies look very interesting, have fun. Happy New Year Anne x 7

Neet said...

Good luck with the new Jan=Blan.
Love the Tando kits, I have a drawer full. From all the times I used to go on the Mixed media weekends with Diane and Andy Skinner. Guess I should get going on clearing them.
The desk looks nice and organised.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx
ps good luck with the new job

Julia Dunnit said...

I’ve never seen the woven baskets in round pot style, your co-ordinating pen and card storage is fancy! Love the MM pieces you chose, the cubbys speak to me more than the others, but I expect everyone who comments will refer a different one! I’m a bit pleased for you that the GSs both wanted the JanBlan, such moments are a surprise but it’s lovely to find out that it means something to them. You’re already busy this month then! Good to see you scrapbooking too, I only have one empty album and that’s the one I’m currently filling, I don’t dare buy them in advance, it’d make me swoon over the amount of work I’d set myself, you are a strongster! Rather than waste hours and get distracted on Pinterest, I use Becky Fleck’s Page Maps for inspiration, especially the archives. Obviously there’s a design team involved, but also black and white versions of each LO so that you can break it down and add or leave out stuff….that’s not to say you won’t get distracted though. Or is that just me?!! Happy New Year Heather, and please…that desk is looking a bit clean and tidy for my poor eyes..!