Wednesday 29 December 2021

WOYWW 656 - The Wanderer Returns!

I hope you all had a peaceful and merry Christmas!  Hopefully I can still remember how to blog, and link, etc - since it has been a whole six months since I last posted!  I can't remember what was happening in my life back then, but a lot has happened since, brief synopsis below.  I hope everyone is keeping well, and I have missed catching up with everyone.  I have scooted round a few of my favourite desks over the months just to keep up a little.  I can't promise I can post every week, but life is not the same without the desk snooping, so I aim to head over to The Stamping Ground once a month at least, more if I can.

So ... highlights of my last six months - just so anyone who is interested is up to speed:

July - was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid gland.  That explains why I have been so tired and put so much weight on!  

August - went on our biennial family holiday.  This time to Anglesey.  We all want to move there!  The house was gorgeous, weather was great and spending a whole week together was perfect, after a year of hardly seeing each other.

September - took the plunge and signed up for clear aligners with my dentist.  A bit old I felt, but he assured me my crooked teeth would be straightened in a few months!

October - I spent the morning of my birthday being interviewed for a new role and doing a presentation, and 3 hours after I left the building, I was offered the job. Great birthday present - I start there in February.

November - Had my booster jab, and my flu jab, and doctor upped my Thyroxine tablets, as the dose wasn't high enough.  It will be reviewed again in January.

December - Santa Express was a hit, the children really missed it last year.  We had our Pizza & Prosecco Christmas eve party at my daughter's in Leeds, and Colin cooked Christmas Dinner for everyone.  

Desk time ....(at last I hear you say).  I have crafted yesterday, so took the photo.  Not my full desk, as there is mountains of junk on it from Christmas cards and wrapping presents.  It's what I was doing yesterday - an MDF ink storage rack.  I decorated it with Lavinia stamps.  I also ordered a few kits for mixed media projects (Neet, Angela and Zsuzsa will be so proud of me lol).  This should give me something to show on my next few posts - thinking ahead a bit, you see.


If you have read this far, you can breathe a sigh of relief- you have reached the end of my post!  Have a lovely week, and I will spend a leisurely day visiting desks - inbetween crafting and boring housework.  Have a safe and Happy New Year, take care, Heather xx

15 comments:

Neet said...

How strange my eyes were drawn to your name as soon as I reawakened just now. Had a restless night but part way through your face flashed in y head and I wondered how you were.
Sorry to hear the downs but happy for the ups and so happy to have you back on WOYWW.
Enjoy the new job, and invite me down to Anglesey, especially if it is near to Treaddur Bay and we can do some MM together.
Hugs, Neet xx8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I did a happy dance when I saw your name on the Linky List! You’ve had a heck of a six months but all seems good and on the way up now, so pleased for you. Love the ink storage units and I recognised the Lavinia stamps, a favourite of dear old Shaz Silverwolf too. You’ve done a great job, I love the little unit.
Happy New Year, hope that you and the family have a good one, let’s hope we can get back to some sort of normality!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Helen said...

Great to see you here today - and catch up on the news - hope the increased meds for the thyroid help. Christmas sounds good fun. Good luck with the new job. Happy New Year and WOYWW Helen '#1

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to hear from you for a catch up Heather. COngratulations on the new job - great birthday present indeed. Hope they get the medication dosage sorted. Hope 2022 is a better year for everyone. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather great to see you. Sounds like you've had a busy year but thankfully more good than bad. We have some friends who bought a place in Anglesey. My husband and the friend used to take school trips over there and he loved it so much that when he retired he bought a holiday home there. I'm not so lucky as never had the chance to visit. I look forward to seeing your Mixed Media projects develop and the ink rack you've made is brilliant you can't go wrong with Tracey's stamps. Take care and sending woyww hugs, Angela x9x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Welcome back, and thanks for the visit. Hoping your health issues come to a halt and get resolved. I've struggled with some issues the past 2 years and I am relating some of it to loss of my Mom, stress and being confined !!! some similar and the dentist helped ( suggested for pain 1 tylenol & 1 advil and has worked wonders for neck & shoulder) A small glass of wine with breakfast. Just not good any other time ~!!! The WOYWW group helped weekly. My motivation has improved and being outdoors has helped a lot. But with -15 wind chill I'll need to reconsider winter !
Enjoy those grandsons they grow up too fast. Best Wishes on that new Job Love your great photos, bright colors and whimsical images. Wishing you and yours a Wonderful New Year, full of Sunshine and Laughter.

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW and welcome back. I love that ink storage unit. The images are just beautiful. You have had an eventful 6 months. The holiday in Anglesey sounds wonderful (a part of Wales I still haven't visited). Happy New Year. Ali x #14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Heather, I'm so happy to see you! Last time you were around must have been when we swapped ATC's and I never had the chance to thank you! Glad to hear that you're doing well and spending lots of time with your family! Hey, congrats on the new job - they must have been very impressed to make an offer within a few hours! Love how you used those stamps to decorate the inkpad holder - expert shading, looks wonderful! Glad to hear you're expanding into mixed media as well - the best part is you can buy all the products you want because, well, it's mixed media so nothing is off limits LOL! Nice to have you back and just in time to wish you a very happy new year! xx zsuzsa #21

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s great to see you. biggest news is the diagnosis, I hope you are feeling better and not having to fight to feel good. And the job…woohoo! Well done, a high powered move I’ve no doubt, we’ll all be on the edges of our seats to hear how you get on. Lovely to have the Santa express back, it makes me happy to know that many of us have been able to normalise a little by being with family. Wel, you’ve a lot to look forward to..happy new year!

Twiglet said...

Good to see you back Heather. What a year! We love Anglesey too and had a lovely week there in 2020. We are having a quiet day today - not that we have done much other than entertain Ben for 2 days which was fun. I might even be tempted into my sewing room but it really needs a good post Xmas sort up and I'm just not in the mood. Happy New Year - let's hope we can meet up in 2022 - masked and tested if necessary! xxx Jo

BJ said...

What super storage rack decoration, quite delightful and very professional too. Intrigued as to the mixed media kits, hope to see them as and when they arrive. Happy New Year BJ#17

Spyder said...

Good to see you back Heather and loving the painted ink storage rack, the colours are soooo bright too. So there's an idea I'd never thought of. Happy very late WOYWW!? stay safe and have a very happy new year! ((Lyn))#25

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much for your visit Heather, I don't get chance to take part in WoywW the time just isn't free to get round to visit everyone. Glad your underactive thyroid was detected, I was diagnosed 16 years ago extra tiring back then with 3 children 10 years and under. I hope they can stabilize the correct dosage. Angelsey is a beautiful place, my Hubbies Grandparents lived there in a wonderful dorma bungalow just up from the sea, stunning views. Glad you managed a family holiday together.
Big Congrats on that new job & Happy Birthday to Hubby..
I wish you all the best for 2022 may it be Happy and Healthy for you all.
Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Love the lavinia stamps decorated ink stand x

Stacy Sheldon said...

HI Heather :) I am glad they figured it out and were able to start getting you some help. and I Love Love Love that you decorated that storage piece, it looks fabulous :) Happy New Years! ~Stacy #24

Crafting With Jack said...

Congratulations on your new job. Glad the medical profession is sorting you health out. Love your ink storage. wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year. Angela #15