Wednesday 20 January 2021

WOYWW 607

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...  Wednesday must mean time for WOYWW.  If you are curiouser and curiouser just click on the link!

Can you tell I am having an Alice in Wonderland phase!  I have no idea why, maybe my granddaughter is influencing me.  I have no dies, no paper, no stamps - so I'm locking my debit card up either until the phase passes, or I replenish my crafty funds!  

Week 3 of my journal doodle book, and still going strong.  It's a fun, colourful, do what I want log.  Wherever the urge takes me, practicing blending, calligraphy, new stamps, anything goes!


Captain Crazy Socks is a character I used at the beginning of lockdown last year to send my grandchildren one sock each week, together with a milk chocolate coin, a washing line and pegs, and they had to match up the socks when they got a pair.  There was also a sock outline for them to draw the crazy sock.  Recently my 4 year old granddaughter has been asking her mummy "when is the postman going to deliver more socks and chocolates", so I'm bringing him back for a few months.  I actually put them in individual envelopes, box them up, and let their mothers pretend one has been delivered in the post each week.  They love receiving letters.

My crafty budget this month has been blown on the contents of the little box at the back of the desk.  All the Elements ink pads.  I saw a demo and they looked fun, and I obviously needed a few new Lavinia stamps ...  the Jan Blan is progressing well, another block of colours added, so 60% finished - no pic, as it is in my lounge.  I bought a pop up laundry bag to store my yarn, and some extra yarn that looked perfect for a hat for Emily.  I filled the pop up bag, oh my goodness I am a yarnaholic!  I watched two YouTube videos, found one I could follow,  and two hours later the hat was almost finished - I need to learn how to make a pom pom for the top next.  I'll do a scarf to match as well.  


That's all for me.  Stay safe and well and have a lovely week, Heather xx


17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I am going to do a but of enabling! Have a look at Clover Pom Pom makers, they come in a range of sizes and make light work of the process. I really wouldn’t be without mine! The colour of the yarn you’ve made the hat from is lovely and it sounds like you have waaaaayyyy more yarn than me, though I did have a sneakily little purchase this week. I like the sound of Captain Crazy Socks, what a great idea - everyone loves getting letters no matter how young/old they are, fab idea!
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gosh it's a long time since I made pom poms but I used to love it with pieces of round card but I know you can get plastic things now. There is nothing better than the arrival of some new stash it's like Christmas all over again. Pleased to see you keeping busy. We are so lucky to have such interests and great friends to share it with. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Helen said...

The mail for your grandchildren sounds great fun! I think everyone enjoys getting mail like that! Enjoy your pom poms - been a fair few decades since I made any! Take care and stay safe. Helen #4

Diana Taylor said...

Your pages are great and I love Captain Crazy Socks - what a wonderful idea and fun thing to do for the grandchildren. Enjoy your new stash and have a good week,
Diana x #15

glitterandglue said...

Hi Heather. What a lovely idea the socks and chocs is. I'm sure your grandchildren must love it. Well done. The little hat is a beautiful colour. It will look great with the scarf and the pompom. Nah... that's not enough yarn for a yarnaholic... I have one of those big bags too. The other month I completely emptied it - and now, it's full. I promise faithfully I have only bought 4 balls of yarn - the rest have been given me to "do something with"!! Oh well, another blanket now I have finished my second new sweater... Yup, finished now!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felicia said...

Heather, such a crafty fun idea for your grands!! I bet they just have a ball with that! One day when they look back on that all, it will be the fondest of memories for them, and YOU!! So sweet! I love the little hood and the color is fabulous!! And a scarf to match, wow, you are on it! I love yarn too and have way too much! Not as much as all my crafting stash, but enough that my kids ask why do I have all that yarn in bags? Of course, I'm going to use it, duhhh!!! LOL Goodness have fun with those ink pads as well! I have to be soooo careful when it comes to crafty purchases because I can justify ANYTHING! But we do all need goodies from time to time! Enjoy! Take care and be safe and healthy! Felicia #27

Robyn said...

my littles are cray hysterical over captain crazy socks!!!!
robyn 32

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the Captain Crazy socks idea Heather. The stamp of the ladies networkin gis fun too. The new hat is gorgeous - great colour! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Neet said...

What a great gran you are - the idea of the socks is a lovely one - such an inventive mind. Wonder if you could market the idea?
Glad Alice is on the back burner for now as sit sounds as if you were getting quite mad, in a anice way, about it.
Sorry about the enabling, tell hubby I will not do it again.
The journal has really taken off and you are producing so much, well done you obviously you are enjoying yourself. Just like the wool work - the blanket is growing - hope it doesn't stretch when washed - and now you are aking things to wear. Look up Glenda Waterworth on Facebook, she has just sent out instructions for crocheting a simple cardigan. She is a friend of mine wo it will be a reliable pattern.
In the meantime my lovely
Stay Safe & Well, Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Karen said...

I think that captain crazy socks is the cutest idea i've heard in a long time!
How clever and fun :) Love the sweet hat you created too ~ Have fun figuring out the pom pom ~ Stay strong in your effort to curb the spending and enjoy your week ~ Love, Karen#33

Spyder said...

what a great idea, a washing line of sox! and chocolates! the hat is great too, love the colour! I'd be rubbish, but I can make pompoms! Happy WOYWW!? Stay safe, keep crafting! (Lyn)#17

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a delightful journal/doodle book! Your little scheme to keep the grandies entertained is genius and a brilliant hack to ration the deliveries. They'll grow up remembering this! Crafty budget - what's that LOL? Luckily, I naturally go through phases when I don't feel like spending money - although it's always followed by a spending spree! Have fun, Heather, and take care! xx zsuzsa #18

Shoshi said...

I love your journal, and what a fun idea for the grandchildren! Giving them something nice to look forward to.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23

Caro said...

The journal is fabulous! Love the idea of Captain Crazy socks. Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the crazy sock idea! And the colour of that hat is lovely!
Sorry I am late...
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #12
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!



craftyani said...

I now use pom pom makers for all my pom poms. Have lots of different sizes. I think they are made by Clover. Look on Amazon or youtube. Sorry I am late but trying to visit everyone this week. Ani

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Heather - it's never too late, ahead of the next WOYWW in my opinion! I'm so glad you enjoyed my funnies at the end of the post. My hubby does make me laugh sometimes! Thank you for your commiserations re my hospital frustrations - maybe something will happen before too long - who knows? My new blender is brilliant, though, and that's a real bonus.

See you tomorrow for the next WOYWW, all being well.
Shoshi x