Wednesday 13 March 2019

WOYWW 510

Oh dear, I've been AWOL from WOYWW for a few weeks again.  In my defence, we've had visitors for the last 3 weekends, and my craft room becomes the guest room, so I wheel away my side desk, under my main worktop desk, and no crafting takes place.  On Sunday I made a start on Mother's Day cards, to be sold at work, so that's my crafting for the next week or so.  Side desk and main desk in all their untidy glory!

The purple cards are finished.  There are pieces for some pink and blue cards to assemble.

Plus various butterflies and things for even more cards.

The card stood up is shiny and I stamped handmade on the back and it won't dry!  So may be I'll have to put a sticker over it?
Six more cards on the go.  At the back behind the roll of DS tape is part of two mini shopping sprees.  There were online sales at two of my favourite stores, so I couldn't resist!  Stamps, dies, embellishments, delusions sprays ... lots of things for me to gave fun with.  One was the Honey Doo stamp used on the purple cards.  I love it!  I might buy another stamp with die to go with it!

Have a lovely week, Heather xx

12 comments:

Marit said...

Ahhh, so I am not the only one who cannot craft once there are guests.. my atelier turns into a guest room too! You made quite a lot of cards already and they look great! Have fun stamping and playing! Happy woyww and a big hug from stormy Holland. Marit #19

Neet said...

Your cards are lovely and I immediately thought the first batch were from Honey Doo images. Lovely cards, they should sell straight away, or are they ordered?
Have you tried throwing some clear embossing powder over the image on the back and heating it. It is what I do if something doesn't dry. Worth a try?
Nice to know you have been busy with visitors, friendships are the best!
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, love the cards. I'm a huge Honey Doo fan, love their stamps. Good suggestion from Neet, if it's not drying. Or you could just try using a heat gun on it? Shiny card can be a b***er to get ink to dry on, I think Archival is the only really reliable one for that. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Caro said...

Having guests is a good excuse! Love the cards you are in the process of making. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week. With love and God Bless. Caro x (#17)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Neet and Shaz both took the words out of my mouth, embossing powder should do the job. It's a quick fix for most things that will not dry. Shiny card is difficult to stamp onto even inks that say they will do the job can be temperamental. You've got a great batch going on there, good luck with those Mother's Day sales Heather.
Happy WoywW Tracey #7

Helen said...

I don't have room for guests, but if I did I am sure I wouldn't craft either! Hope you get your ink dry! Helen #4

Diana Taylor said...

Your cards are gorgeous and that's a great floral stamp you have there. I'm sure you'll sell loads.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #15

glitterandglue said...

Hi Heather. Those are really lovely cards - I'm sure they will sell well.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can't believe that you've been gone so long, where does the time go! Gorgeous cards you have there. Wishing you a great woyww, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you've managed to get back in your crafting space again Heather. The mothers day cards look great. Have you tried heat embossing that ink which won't dry? Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Good to see you back in desk action - of course having guests will stop you crafting - even if they weren’t using your craft room as a bedroom - you can hardly take yourself off and leave them to it!! Although, I find I get some great ideas when I’m unable to get to the desk! Can see why you went for that stamp and die, it is lovely..and clearly has paid for itself already!

Lindart said...

Hi Heather! My first thought about your ink not drying was the same as Shaz- emboss it! Company is fun, but so is crafting! Here's hoping this week will be a better week for crafting. Thank you for your visit to mine, and the kind words about my weight loss. Have a great week!