Thursday 19 December 2019

WOYWW 550

I must make time to blog.
I must make time to blog.
I must make time to blog.

I know that's probably not enough lines and I deserve a detention.  I also know I'm a day late and I will probably be shot at dawn by our head desker!  If you want to join in the fun of seeing me hung, drawn and quartered,  head over to The Stamping Ground for the best weekly blog hop around crafters desks.

I have no real defence - life has just been so busy that time has become my enemy, or lack of time!  8 weeks - wow we've had Halloween, Bonfire night, one daughter announcing she's getting married next year, other daughter buying a house, a general election and christmas preparations. 

So inbetween all that I did make some Save the Date cards (crafting)

The one they chose is not on the pic, and the date they wanted 10/10 was not available, so they are getting married 2 weeks later!

I have also been busy making christmas cards, but took most of them into work to sell, so no pics of them!

I decided to make my Secret Santa gift as the recipient is a chocaholic.


And when you open the books up ...





All in a pretty case!

I hope everyone's preparations for Christmas are going to plan.  I still have gifts to wrap and gift tags to make, but all the shopping is done, as I'm working right up to Christmas Eve.  Just finishing work early as I have a hospital appointment.  Who has appointments on Christmas Eve??

I aim to blog in a more timely manner next year, but will probably have to prepare it on the Tuesday night, just so I remember!

Have a lovely week, and for those not blogging next week (which may include me) have a lovely Christmas xx






8 comments:

Helen said...

Just came back to check the desks - good to see you again! love your hidden choccy books. Congrats to your daughter - shame that date was gone, it would have been perfect! Have a great week and Happy Christmas if tine runs away with you again! Helen #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I always like to pop back just in case and then saw you were here. Life has a tendency of getting in the way sometimes but that's how it goes. Lovely cards and the Secret Santa gifts too. Sending happy woyww Christmas hugs, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

What a brilliant idea for a Secret Santa gift Heather. Glad you made it over to play! Love the range of save the date ideas. We had to change the date of our wedding too as the place where we wanted our reception wasn't available on our first choice. Merry Christmas and a belated Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6 (PS thanks for visiting).

Lillianb said...

Happy belated WOYWDW

Life does get in the way love your secret santa idea, and its really lovely you are talented thats for sure, lilian B #28

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha, love those books!! What a great way of presenting the sweets in a novel way....geddit??! Lol. You have had a wonderful time recently, many congrats on your daughter's engagement...you'll have to start hat shopping too!
Have a marvellous Christmas - and don't worry about 100 lines, we're all trying to cram too much into our lives at the moment!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Twiglet said...

Fab chocolatey gift - well done you! All the very best for Christmas and 2020. xxx Jo

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Heather - I was so happy to see a comment from you! This week has been crazy for me too - before that I was very laid-back about Christmas and everything all of a sudden has just caught up with me. That secret Santa present is such a brilliant idea! Who would have thought there were so many varieties of chocolates around the themes of space, transport and animals? I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and congratulations on your daughter's engagement! Fantastic save the date cards and exciting times ahead! Hope to see more of you next year! xx zsuzsa

Anne said...

Hello Heather, sorry I am so late. I love your Secret Santa gift idea. Happy Christmas Anne X 9