Wednesday 22 August 2018

WOYWW 481

Good morning all.  Sorry I missed last week.  I took a few days off work to enjoy family time, and the week just ran away with me.  I'm sure you will all forgive me when you see what distracted me ... who could resist spending time with these three?  My grandaughter was delighted to be with her cousins! She laughed all day.

Anyway I'm back this week for WOYWW.   Head on over to The Stamping Ground if you want to join in.  On to my desk this week, I read Shaz's blog on triple stamped cards and gave it a bash for the first time (thanks for the tutorial Shaz).  Fairly happy with the results, but could do with a bit of bling, so I'm just thinking about what to add.  Plus woohoo, first Christmas cards made (almost).

I also got the ink Dusters back out and Lavinia Stamps.  The eagle eyed amongst you may notice one of the dragon flies is upside down .... but it adds character to the card! Just needs a sentiment adding.

I also invested in a label maker after Tracey gave glowing reports on it.  Mr M has asked to use it for his workshop labels, so an investment for both of us!  The company also had a half price sale on some crafting items, so I bought some gold and silver glitter markers and some butterfly stamps.

Last on my desk is a new box to keep my calligraphy pens in.  Just needs decorating.


Now on to my other desk and my lovely 'find'.  At the back of the desk you can  see a cardboard tube ... 


A few years ago, on one of our diving trips to Egypt, we got bought a few papyrus art pieces.  There were some far nicer pieces, but having spent most of our money on diving trips, we didn't have the funds available.  So we purchased our few smaller pieces ...


The shopkeeper rolled them up and put them in a cardboard tube for us.  They have been there ever since until this weekend, when I took the papyrus out of the tube, and noticed there was something else in there too.  Imagine my surprise to find this ... it's absolutely beautiful.  The photo doesn't really do it justice! The smaller pieces are stamped/printed and coloured in.  This piece is a painting.


Thanks for reading.  Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by!  Have a lovely week Heather x 

17 comments:

Claire said...

What a gorgeous photo of that cheeky trio!
Papyrus art is stunning, isn't it?
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 1

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous find Heather after such a long time of them being hidden away. Glad you had fun with family last week. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #21

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, so happy you found it useful! They came out great from what i can see. As for bling, what about some acrylic gems/sequins/Stickles or Pearls in the centre of the snowflakes?
How fab are those Egyptian papyrus? And guess what- you've reminded me that somewhere we too have some in a card tube from our honeymoon there! Also, somewhere again, I have a small pad of papyrus paper I bought there. Now I'm going to have to find that! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Ellie said...

Those papyrus pages are gorgeous!! Aww 3 little cuties to keep you busy. Happy woyww
Ellie #17

Caro said...

The Egyptian artwork is stunning and that photo of the three little monkeys is adorable! Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)

Helen said...

Family time sounds and looks wonderful! the card is gorgeous, and I love all the Egyptian bits. Helen #2

Frayed Round The Edges said...

What a lovely surprise for you! Lovely cards Karen 9

Hazel said...

What gorgeous Egyptian artwork. Love the photo of the children. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the Papyrus, I have a few of these myself. And the Lavinia stamps, so love those too. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x15x

Shoshi said...

What adorable little kids! Your granddaughter's expression is a delight. I love your papyrus paintings - we brought back some similar ones when we visited Egypt. Thank you for your visit and especially for your good wishes regarding my health. It certainly is going to be a bore if the hernia has come back. Not sure what we'll do about it now! So glad you enjoyed the kitty picture.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #5

Dorlene Durham said...

The three little ones are so cute! Love the smile on your granddaughter. Your card are lovely and don’t you love when someone puts a tutorial on their blog? Most times you just see a great project but not sure how to replicate it. Dorlene #30

J said...

What a lovely photo of the children, they are so cute. I really like the colours you’ve used on your cards, looks great.
Our son has some papyrus paintings that he bought in Egypt, I love them. Have a great week
Jan #25

Neet said...

Your Papyrus pictures are wonderful but that surprise painting is stunning!
What a happy trio you took time off for, who could resist - what lovely smiles. They obviously enjoyed time with gran.
Didn't know you did calligraphy, you will have to show us at the Crop. Shaz in Oz does it too so she would be interested to work alongside you no doubt.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That pic of the kids is delightful - they look as if they're having such a great time! Those papyrus pictures are lovely but the surprise one is my favourite, you've definitely got to frame that and admire it!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Can't think of a better reason for not doing anything routine...what a lovely happy photo of your grandchildren, really gave me a smile. What are your plans for your papyrus pics and hey, what a fab bonus!

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous photo of those tiny ones! What fab Egyptian stuff you have there - it always intrigues me. x Jo #16

Lindart said...

What a nice surprise! I wonder what you will use all this papyrus for? Regarding the upside down dragonfly - it just shows movement in your card - a happy accident! Those Grandkids are gorgeous - still waiting for mine! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #27