Wednesday 9 February 2022

WOYWW 662

February already- I'd better start on my "C" cards soon!  Busy few weeks for me, so please excuse my absence from joining in WOYWW.  After working my notice for 3 months, I finally left my old job at the end of January, and started my new role last week.  To say it is tiring is an understatement - but I'm confident once I have learned the ropes, it will be fine.  Now I have my craft room back just for crafting, and not as an office (although still shared with my grandchildren as their bedroom).  I've just been too tired to do much, apart from a little crocheting in the evening.  However desks shots are what we are after, so here are mine:

Side desk - all prepped ready for some crafting next weekend - unless there is an unexpected invasion of grandchildren!


Main desk - equally as tidy me thinks!   The blue bag is actually a sample tool bag that I was given from work - lots of useful pockets, and very spacious!  Perfect for a crop ...


Progress on the JanBlan.  Two colour sets completed, just starting on the third one which I think will be big enough, once I add a small border round.


I've also started crocheting a lace scarf - just because I loved the stitch when I saw it, and wondered if it was within my limited capabilities.  It's coming along nicely!  However it is stitched along the length, rather than the width, so it takes a while to complete a row.

I did attend my first ever WI meeting.  The guest was a fairly local man who had been a contestant on The Sewing Bee, but as I never watched it, I was clueless!  Everyone else had lots of oohs and ahhs at the outfits he had made, and brought with him.  Time for a quick coffee, a chat with a few ladies and then home!  I'm not sure what I expected - and I will try and attend again next week, but it might not be my cup of tea after all!  

Have a lovely week, and I will visit as many desks as possible when I get home - before I fall asleep.  Take care, Heather x

16 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Morning Heather, I love the crochet - that really is such a lovely stitch and looks so pretty in that mauve. The Janblan is looking good, lovely vibrant colours. Good luck in your new job, I hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Heather, happy new job; I’m with you, once you’re settled in and know all the ropes, it won’t be quite so exhausting! Your room looks super tidy, you deserve a long session of crafting for all that. Love the stitch on the shawl…I’m not very good at wide pieces, it’s six and two threes though isn’t it, if I do squares or shapes, it takes as long to crochet them together as it would to make a whole piece along it’s width. I think it’s because it looks as if I’m getting somewhere more quickly if I do shapes not widths! The JanBlan is so cheerful, it’s great that it’s destined to stay at home!

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Heather, I love your crochet lace. It takes a long while when it’s along the length like that, but it’s beautiful.
Your Janblan is pretty too, nice bright colours.
When you change jobs you lose all your autopilot settings, things you know and can do without thinking. Everything is a conscious effort, so bound to be more tiring till you settle in. I hope you enjoy it.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, I'm sure you'll soon get into things it just takes time with a new job. Loving the crochet it's so pretty. The WI are an interesting group, I love seeing all the things they do when we go to the local agricultural shows though obviously not for some time due to Covid. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x10x

Christine said...

New Job! My daughter left hers after 14years and for the first time since she started she came home saying - I've had a lovely day, been working!
That will be you soon, be like you've always worked there . . . . just enjoy.
Your desk looks very enticing . . . .
have a good week
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

Love that crochet stitch, lovely colour too. Hope this week isn’t so tiring for you. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Glad you are enjoying your new job. I love all the pretty boxes in your craft room. Sewing Bee! I would definitely go to our local WI again if they had someone on from that (I don't do any sewing at all, but still enjoy the programme). I gave up on our most local WI group, as I just wasn't particularly enjoying it (very Welsh speaking and everyone has known each other since early childhood - after they had asked how my hubby was, then I would basically be ignored - and I am very chatty/sociable!). Ali x #19

Lynn Holland said...

Exciting times. New challenges, new friends to be made. Enjoy.
I envy your talent for crotchet. That one passed me by haha
Take care
Lynn 7 x

Twiglet said...

Your crochet is lovely Heather - I just wish I could be so neat and controlled - my crochet is best described as the "free" variety! Best of luck with your new job. xx Jo

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh I love Sewing Bee so would have enjoyed seeing the outfits too Heather. Hope you settle into your new job soon and it becomes less tiring for you. Love the scarf so far! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

Helen said...

glad the new job is going well - it's scary starting as a new girl again!! happy WOYWW Helen #24 (never been so low down the list, the link wasn't up when I had to leave for work this morning ha ha)

StampinCarol said...

Hope your new job goes well and you get it all figured out! Beautiful purple scarf! Cool pattern! and love the colorful one, too!
Have a great week!
Carol N #17

Elizabeth said...

Hi Heather, your crochet is so lovely. I love the bright colours in the blanket, the white makes the pop beautifully, and the intricate pattern in the scarf is gorgeous. I've never been a member of the WI but I believe some of the speakers are very interesting. Hope you find this to be true. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #22

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful crocheting! Lovely colors. I don't envy you starting a new job. I have been retired almost 13 years, and starting a new job really sounds stressful! LOL Thanks for the peek at your clean neat desk. #25

Mary Anne said...

Ah new job! Hope it's fun and challenging and financially rewarding! Love the purple scarf beginnings. Lovely stitch for sure.
Late again…but so very VAXED :)
Mary Anne (3)

Neet said...

I once joined a women's group at my church and it was not my thing either. I did give it a fair try but left because it was hard work going for me.
Sorry you are so tired Heather but hopefully once the job falls into a pattern I am sure you will be glad you changed posts. Hope you do settle in and enjoy it - and have ore crafting time.
Love the crochet - what a fab pattern that lace is - and the blanket is lovely and bright.
Take care
Hugs, Neet 1 xx