Wednesday 12 January 2022

WOYWW 658

 I'd forgotten how quickly Wednesdays come round again!  I'm still working from home (until I change jobs), so at least I've time to do this at lunchtime.  What am I talking about - the best desk/blog hop ever - courtesy of Julia at The Stamping Ground

Last week the can of furniture polish caused some concern, so it has now been removed and replaced with "stuff".I apologise for any distress caused ...

My last order arrived with two more MDF items to decorate, and one last stamp that was reduced to a ridiculous price.  I've now cottoned on I need to stop buying and start decorating the mixed media projects - I think I have 6 to do now.

Edit: the website still has lots of bargains, but I can't be held responsible if you spend lots of money .... www.craftrange.com - I hope it's OK to include this!!


Just for Julia- my main desk is messy, and has my first of 4 scrapbook albums to get cracking on, and on top of it is our 2018 family calendar for me to cut the photos out - you can just about see the other 3 albums under the desk.  I went mad one day and bought lots of albums and refill page protectors!


And finally, progress on the Jan-Blan, has been hampered by an impingement/ shoulder injury (according to the physio I saw yesterday).  It is now taped up (my shoulder, not the Jan-Blan), and I have exercises to do before I return in 2 weeks.  I can manage 20 minutes of crochet and then need a break.  I do love the colours!


Have a lovely week, and I will visit as many desks as I can this evening, although comments may be short and sweet, depending how my shoulder is!  Hugs, Heather xx

11 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear I'm not the only one with mixed media projects waiting to be put together. The stamps look interesting too. Happy creative woyww, Angela x13x

Diana Taylor said...

Sorry to hear you have shoulder problems - I hope you are on the mend soon. the Jan Blan is looking fabulous - I love those colours. I like the look of the Writing Desk project - looks like you are going to be busy once your shoulder allows.
Have a good week
Diana xx #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s ok, I’ve got over the shock of seeing the polish now…phew! Thanks for showing us the mad desk, much more in the sphere of us deskers. You’ve got a lot on the go, the shoulder sounds sore though, hope the taping helps. Great colours on the JanBlan, do you do two trebles and two chain? It makes for a more dense stitch, I only do one treble, one chain. I’m going to do your version next! Hooray for finding a WI, hope it’s a good group!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Mary Anne said...

Loving those albums! I need one or two to house some stray layouts so may have to go shopping. The blankie is fab - what great colours. Hope you can get back to full shoulder strength soon! Then we will get to see those mixed media project on display. That will be something to look forward to!

Stay Safe & Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Helen said...

I hope your shoulder eases soon, you have lots to be playing with! the Jan-Blan is looking particularly good. Take care Happy WOYWW Helen #6

Crafting With Jack said...

Hope your shoulder gets better quickly. Your blanket is looking lovely and it looks like you found some bargains in the sale.. Happy WOYWW Angela #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Heather. Fabulous blanket - and even 20minutes at a time means it is still progressing! Hope your shoulder soon starts to ease and feel better. Those albums are HUGE - you will be doing lots of scrapbooking to fill all four - I wish you well with that.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Sarah Brennan said...

The Janblan is looking lovely Heather, hope the shoulder recovers soon so you can spend longer sessions on it if you want to. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Twiglet said...

Ah that Jan Blan is lovely - hoping your shoulder improves quickly so that you can enjoy finishing it in comfort. xx Jo

Anne said...

Hi Heather. I think I need to do projects with what I have rather than but more lol. Not bought anything yet this year though! 🤣
Love the course of the blanket.
Ouch re shoulder hope it improves quickly. Take care Anne x 1

My name is Cindy said...

I have so many craft projects - I swear there are MM things I bought over 10 years ago that have yet to see daylight. Good advice - stop shopping and start doing!! Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx