Wednesday 20 February 2019

WOYWW 507

Good morning all, time to head off to the Stamping Ground for our weekly desk hop.  A short post from me today.  I've taken a day off work to go to Leeds and have some girlie time with my eldest daughter. "Ladies what lunch"

My side desk, in all it's glory (no pic of main desk, it's just too untidy for words or pictures)


At the left side are my grandchildren's Christmas stockings, found in a box I was emptying.  I made them when my youngest grandchild was a bump, That my daughter had nicknamed Moonie, and have never got round to changing it.  To the left at the back is the card I made Mr M, all ready for scrapbooking, to the right are some card blanks/envelopes and stamps I bought in the sale at Inspirations.  At the front some acrylic blocks that need cleaning, and the two floral albums at the right are for an idea I had to put together albums for inspiration, as frequently I lose my mojo!  Not sure if they will be sketches, photos of cards I have made, magazine cut outs or what .... any ideas ladies?

An update on my card sale at work last week.  I took 10 valentines cards in and sold 8, raising £27.  Not too bad, but apparently I should have taken them in earlier!  

Thanks for stopping by, and please do leave a comment,  I love to read them.  Have a lovely week, Heather x

12 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done on the card sales, Heather!! Love the love card there on the desk too, well done, and cute grandchildren’s stockings too, keep Moodie it’s part of family history.
No idea on the other things on left, don’t do photos.. yet!
Happy WOYWW, hugs Shaz in Oz. X #4

Neet said...

Well done on the sale of the cards Heather - that is good - now you know to make them earlier and get them taken in next year. Are you doing Easter cards?
I tend to go to things like pinterrest for inspiration - not that it works for me - I am so indecisive - or in other words, a ditherer.
Enjoy your lunch - I am envious, it must be nice to have a daughter to lunch with.
Hugs, Neet xx 7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay for the card sales, well done! I like the albums for ideas, hope they work out for you whatever you put in them. I suspect if I did that, it would be like my Pinterest boards...I pin loads but rarely revisit them!! Daft eh? Enjoy your lunch - I went to uni in Leeds and suspect it's changed quite a lot since I went.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, great job on the card sales. Love the albums, funnily enough, I've just taken to keeping a notebook on my desk to jot down ideas or scribble a drawing as card ideas come to me.I've even tucked in a sheet of scrap paper I was stamping off onto, and the placement of some things on there gave me an idea, so I'd just say do whatever seems best to capture your idea at the time. Finally decided it's no good keep deluding myself that I'll remember an idea, lol.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

Claire said...

Ooooh, lots of goodies on your desk! Those albums are pretty :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 2

Sarah Brennan said...

I think a mixture of mood boards, photos, sketches and notes could be used in your albums Heather. Hope you had a nice lunch with your daughter. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Helen said...

you'd best not visit me today... untidy doesn't cover it. love your desk, it has lots going on! Helen #1

Diana Taylor said...

Well done on the card sales, that's fantastic, and I love your hubby's card on the desk - very elegant and beautiful script on the Love sentiment. The albums are so pretty and a great idea for collecting inspirational ideas - I would put everything in them that inspires and have one big 'Go To' place!
Have a great week,
Diana x #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done with the sale of the cards. Love the card on your desk too. Making an inspiration album sounds like a brilliant idea. Have a great woyuww, Angela x13x

Marit said...

I know the feeling when your mojo is 'sleepy'... or even on holiday.... I hope you find it back and the things on your desk do look inspiring... for the flower-albums? Maybe make collages using all kinds of flower-pictures? Whatever you decide or do: enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, have a great day. Love from Holland, Marit #16

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late Heather! You did so well with the Valentine’s course rads...timing is a pig, beca Use people stop seeing them if youre a couple of days too early! I probably am like lots of lazies...I use Pinterest and Facebook groups for inspiration, every n ow and then a You Tube video makes my fingers itch - on the basis that I’d rather be doing than watching!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the card sales! Yeah, a little earlier would probably have been better, but now you know ;-) I'm with the girls... grab your favorite beverage and head for pinterest. :-) Thanks for the visit. Creative Blessings! Kelly #20