Tuesday 27 November 2018

WOYWW 495

Good morning fellow deskers.  Time to show off the state of my desk, and then hop round to everyone else taking part.  Link up at The Stamping Ground  if you want to join in.

Side desk has been sewing station  this weekend.  I didn't get as much of the quilt done as planned, but progress was made!


Main desk has Christening cards I made and a keepsake box for the Christening in Sunderland last Sunday.  The christening that we didn't quite attend!  Mr M was in charge of the travel plans.  We needed to set off at 10am to get there in plenty of time for the 1pm Christening.  At 10am he picked up the invitation to check the postcode and realised the Christening was at 11am!  So we missed it!  Next time I am in charge!  Besides the card and keepsake box, my desk has some cheap acrylic paints from The Range for use with the Gelli plate, and I treated myself to some new colouring pencils from Amazon.

Close up of the Christening cards


And of the keepsake box, I am really into making these at present!


That's all for me!  Have a lovely week, and I'll be round visiting when I get home from work this evening, Heather x

15 comments:

StampinCarol said...

How sad that you missed that special event! The box and cards are lovely! Have a great week!
Carol N #7

Helen said...

oh no, what a shame!! beautiful cards and the gift looks lovely. Helen #5

Sarah Brennan said...

I'm sorry you missed the Christening, but the card and box are beautiful. Hope you get further on your quilts this week. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Claire said...

What a shame you missed the christening... such gorgeous creations, though!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Heather, I've done that too! So easy to get something fixed in your head, only to miss it because you were totally wrong. Beautiful card and keepsake box. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Marit said...

I think we all made a mistake like your hubby once... sorry you missed the christening... That box is so awesome, it will make lovely presents! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Heather, I wish I had been a fly on the wall when you saw the time for the Christening and I wonder how the conversation went Lol! Still the Keepsake box is gorgeous. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh dear that is a clanger suppose it was better than driving there and then finding out!!
Lovely work.. box very special.
Happy WOYWW Shaz in Ozxx. #15

Neet said...

Oh heck! Bet the air was a bit blue! It always happens if you are not in charge yourself - well, does at our house.
The cards are gorgeous - at least they got them and all your work was admired no doubt.
Take care
Hugs, Neet xx

Sue said...

Hi Heather, What a shame you missed the actual Christening. The box and card are lovely.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I bet there was a bit of a spouse-tiff after you realised!! Bad luck but worse things happen at sea eh? The little box is really lovely, I bet that was appreciated a lot :-D
Sorry I'm late replying, Julia and I were having too much fun shopping and crafting yesterday!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

craftyani said...

Sorry you missed the christening, never trust a man. Hope the cards and the box arrived though as they are lovely. ANi #12

Shoshi said...

How frustrating to miss the Christening because of a mix-up over the timing. Love Jan’s phrase “Spouse-tiff”! I’d have been very cross with mine if that had happened to us!!! The cards and box are lovely. Thank you for your visit - yes, almost Tardis like over the pants, arriving before they were sent haha!!! I think my rocket over the phone had some effect. So glad you like the flowers. The mystery project can’t be revealed for another couple of weeks I’m afraid, but I’m getting the blog posts ready, as I am making good progress with it. Yes, good progress on the sourdough too, but I’m not making any this week because a) still got some in the freezer, b) out all day on Saturday and c) need to feed up Esmeralda (starter) a bit because I used a lot of her last night, making 2 batches of sourdough starter crackers!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #1

Lindart said...

Too bad that you missed the Christening :-( The box and card are beautiful! Hopefully you will have some time to work on those quilts! Thanks for your visit, have a great week, Lindart #22

Kyla said...

ooh I bet that was an "interesting" conversation! The Christening gifts look lovely though.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla