On my desk this week ... to the left are a few dies from China. Not used yet, but they look ok. In the centre at the front is my Black Friday goodies from Inspirations. Behind these are the first two brayer experiments. More on these later. To the right of the desk is my TH stamping platform. I finally got around to using it ... and the brayer, in the same week. Quite pleased with myself for taking the plunge. Finally, to the front right of the desk, mainly obscured by the Stamping platform, are some Christmas bits that I assembled ready to make more Christmas cards.
So, on to the brayer attempts. I watched a you tube video. The lady stamped, then embossed in white, some snowflakes, and then brayered over the top. I tried this with the right hand exhibit below. On you tube, it looked lovely.... on my card it was a mess! I ended up using ink Dusters to even out the ink, but the white did not stay white. It ended up being a pale shade of the ink colour I used. However, I used holographic embossing powder as I didn't have white! Not sure if this would have affected it or not. The lilac one again didn't brayer very well, but may be it's the ink or the card I am using. Further practice needed. However it was fun experimenting, and I did pick up on highlighting the tree branches with a white gel pen (Mr M was quite impressed with that).
On to my last photo .... Not sure if you can make it out but Mr M has decided I need a proper crafting space with lots of worktop room and storage - especially before my Christmas present arrives! So ... this was one solution. Unfortunately I used the grand design as scrap paper in my excitement at using the brayer! But it involves wall to wall desk surface. So I'm quite excited at getting a new crafty space!
Now I'll be off for a peep at everyone's desks. Please leave a comment when you stop by, so I know you visited and I can visit you. Have a lovely week Heather xx